Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I have squeaky tennis shoes. How do I stop it?

Jack from Tampa, FL

Answers:

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I had recently bought a 150 dollar pair of Nike Jordans. After about a week they started to squeak. I used Bag Balm. You can still hear the air, but no squeak. (09/12/2008)

By Jeff

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I used some lotion and that worked well on the inside of the shoe. (09/15/2008)

By Audra

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

If it's the bottom of the shoe squeaking against tile or certain floors, buy rubber cement and paint it on the bottom of the shoes (it dries clear). Let dry overnight. Next day, no more squeak and the shoes will look normal on the bottom too. (09/16/2008)

By ARIA

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Thanks for the helpful tips. I'm now going into my second fall season with a pair of shoes that I wore only once because they squeak. Today was terrible so I Googled squeaky shoes and found this site. The only thing I had in my desk drawer was some Body Butter from Bath and Body Works. No more squeak and my shoes smell nice. (09/18/2008)

By Christie

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

No more squeak. Vaseline worked great. Thanks (09/26/2008)

By Larry

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Thank you all for the tips. I just purchased a pair of very comfortable shoes on sale and the first time I wore them the right one squeaked. I was at work and using the hand lotion I had with me I removed the insole, rubbed lotion all over the inside of the shoe, replaced the insole, and the squeak is totally gone. (10/04/2008)

By Sheila

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Just bought an expensive pair of New Balance that were squeaky. Trader Joe's spearmint lip balm worked great. Thanks. (10/06/2008)

By Jeremy R

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Happy New Year 2009 without squeaky shoes. I sprayed WD-40 (using the "smart straw" spray tip) under the inner sole of my black leather clogs. The squeaking was gone instantly. (12/29/2008)

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Thank you. I have a pair of really comfortable clogs, but the squeaking was driving me crazy. I used baby powder and it worked. (01/04/2009)

By KrazyK

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I just applied automotive belt dressing to the bottom of my shoes squeaky shoes (Steve Madden). I'd recommend cleaning off the excess dressing and letting them dry, or they will mark. So far, my walking has yielded quiet shoes and mark free floors (tile).

If you do this, clean off the excess, especially in the grooves before walking on carpet. Otherwise, you will have this tacky substance that is hard to remove on your floors. (02/03/2009)

By Sean J.

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I tried the lotion and it limited the squeaking. I know I can hear it, but I wasn't sure if others heard. I put my Jordans in the dryer, no more squeaking. (02/28/2009)

By Ross

Paper Towels Work!

I just bought a new pair of New Balance running shoes and I have orthodics, so I have to take the original insoles out. Well, I walked into the office and they squeaked like crazy. I found this forum and found someone who said to put paper towels in the shoe.

So I went to the bathroom, got some free paper towels the office provides, you know, the one from the dispenser that has a 3-fold. It took 3 in the right shoe and 4 in the left. I folded in the 3 fold and put it between my orthodic and and shoe. It totally works. No more squeak at all. Thanks. (06/02/2009)

By HolySmokes

Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎄
🍂