Frugal Uses for Leftover Veggies

Hate throwing away those leftover veggies? Don't! Start a container in the freezer and freeze any leftovers. I buy a package of stew meat and once the container in the freezer gets full, I put the meat and all the frozen leftover veggies in the crock pot and we have a great supper! - Marsha

What do you do with leftover veggies? Post your ideas below:

Leftover Veggies

I also save my leftover vegetables in a bag in the freezer. When full, I add cubed meat (chicken, beef or whatever) and make a piecrust(top and bottom works best). Voila! Homemade potpie! Sometimes with the beef/vegetable filling I put them in individual oven-proof crocks and top with mashed potatoes,that makes them shepherd's pies. My husband loves my frugal cooking! (01/15/2001)

By Kathy, Northfield, VT

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Using Leftover Vegetables
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Steamed Mixed Vegetables
Making Steamed Mixed Veggies
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
Frozen Veggies
Thawing Frozen Veggies