Week 12: Chinese Noodle Soup
This week's soup uses leftover pork roast or Chinese takeout combined with noodles and veggies for a quick weeknight meal. If you have chicken or beef leftover instead, that would also be delicious.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a very tasty low cal soup. The recipe originally suggested you order Chinese Roast Pork take-out. I used pork loin we had left over from the previous night and it turned out great.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 (1 1/2 cup servings)
Source: Weight Watchers (3 PointsPlus per serving)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 scallions, sliced diagonally
- 1 (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 baby bok choy, halved (sold by the bunch in the produce department)
- 2 Large carrots, cut into match-sticks
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat angle hair pasta
- 6 oz lean cooked port, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- Siracha (rooster sauce), to taste
- Combine broth, scallions, ginger, and soy sauce in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until scallions are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy and carrots; simmer until barely tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir pasta, pork, and spinach into soup; simmer just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes longer.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.