Garden: Strawberries

I have a container garden, and planted my strawberry plants in milk jugs. I couldn't seem to water them enough, the strawberries were too little and dried out. I decided to improve their container by turning it into a self watering planter. I got another milk jug, cut it in half and used the top part so I could pour water into the bottom half. I put a piece of torn t-shirt that was long enough to touch the bottom of the 'reservoir' into the bottom of the container holding the plant and pushed it into the 'reservoir'. I then duct taped it so it would stay together. Already my strawberries are plumping up!

By Sharon

Garden: Strawberries

Growing Strawberries
Growing Strawberries
Growing Strawberries
Growing Strawberries in a Greenhouse
Coring or Hulling Strawberries
Tips for Coring or Hulling Strawberries
filled strawberry
Making Stuffed Strawberries
Fresh strawberries in a jar with a colander in the background.
Canning Strawberries
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:23:57 AM on 10.0.2.91 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.