Getting Rid of Digger Wasps

Do any readers know how to get rid of digger wasp nests inexpensively? I have a couple of their nest holes in my front lawn, and I have not been able to find a method that is successful in getting rid of them. They are very aggressive when I am out mowing the lawn, and I am afraid that I or someone coming up the walkway is going to get stung. Please help!

Thank you!

Getting Rid of Digger Wasps

Buy a can of foam spray for wasp and bees from hardware store and spray first thing in the morning or late at night when they are sleeping. As a landscaper I have ran across ground bees quite often and after a rather nasty incident with them I researched how to get rid of them. You may find a rather large hole when you are done. (07/27/2005)

By quadmom

Getting Rid of Digger Wasps

We had a nest of the wasps sprayed them and put dirt over the hole at night to completly cover them never had any more.

By Sandy

Getting Rid of Digger Wasps

I used powder sevin,threw handfuls on the nest they died never had anymore since then, Annette (08/17/2005)

By italianano

Getting Rid of Digger Wasps
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Wasp on Vespiary
Getting Rid of Wasps
A wasp's nest in the corner of a roof.
Keeping Wasps Away From Your Home