Getting Rid of Wood Bees

How can I keep wood bees from drilling holes in the rafters on my deck?

By de1548 from Murray, KY

Answers:

Getting Rid of Wood Bees

There is good info here on ThriftyFun about these bees and how to get rid of them. They are carpenter bees, sometimes called borer bees. My neighbor had them boring into the eaves of her house. They fixed the eaves, but the bees came back. Then I saw a woodpecker going at the same places. Turns out when the babies hatch they make so much noise they attract woodpeckers. They definitely come back to the same spot every year. We had a wooden patio cover that they would bore into. We removed that last year and the bees are continuously coming around looking for the patio cover. Search for info on this site because it could get expensive if you don' get them under control.

Tracey in Jacksonville, FL (06/11/2009)

By TraceyI

Getting Rid of Wood Bees

Chemical control involves nerves of steel. Not everybody wants to spray in the hole while the huge bees are buzzing around. Here's a decent article on carpenter bees. I hope it helps. pestcemetery.com

Good luck. (09/17/2009)

By Dutch 1962

Carpenter bee drilling into wood.
Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
bee on a flower
The Benefits of Bees in Your Garden
bumblebee
Getting Rid of Bees
🎉
🎄