Use WD40 to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees

Category Bees & Wasps
Solvents and oils can often be detrimental to the health of insects. WD40 when sprayed on most insects will kill them. This is a guide about how to get rid of carpenter bees.

It's very easy to do yourself, and it 100% works! I have used this to get rid of Carpenter bees my whole life. You will need a can of WD40 spray, the one with the long sprayer tip at the end works best.

Spray the WD40 into each bee hole. Spray a pretty good amount, and the bees will fall out and die. This will keep the bees gone all year long.

With all of our valuable bees dying off because of chemical toxicity, you should look to re-home the bees to a more desirable location instead of killing them off. Even carpenter bees play an important part in plant pollination.

I have gone through 2 WD40 cans already and have ordered 3 more from amazon as that is how large my infestation is. (Huge deck, ignored the one or two bees in previous years, now it's beemageddon!). But so far I have killed about 40 bees with the 2 cans of spray. The nozzle on the can doesn't work so good when you need to hold the can upside down to get into the holes and your can is almost empty...I've ordered some of the Best Bee Bros traps too and hope that will finish them off.

Anonymous

I have been using WD 40 last year and again this year it works the best when i see one go in a hole i spray it in that hole and then i find it dead not long after

Anonymous

Don't kill the bees repel them.I have them as well but I don't kill them.