Graduation Party Ideas

I need help with a graduation party. I have very limited income but it is for my son who is the light of my life and I am so proud of for getting to where he is at--college bound. He doesn't really want it at our home. It isn't the nicest place. I can get a hall for $50 an hour but he doesn't want the caterer that will give me a discount. I also would like to have it on graduation day which I don't like but family will be in from out of town that day. Any frugal suggestions would be welcome.

Karen from Port Clinton, OH

Answers:

Graduation Party Ideas

At my sons graduation party I decorated with balloons and got weenies and various chips and such and we spent most of the money on virgin cocktails and the kids said it was the best party they went to! We used fruit juices and ice along with some of the daiquiri mixes you buy at the store and set up the kitchen counter like a bar. The kids entertained themselves with music and video games and even found a small bike in the garage that they took turns riding down the street. I think they liked it cause they felt grown up. (01/27/2007)

By Denise

Graduation Party Ideas

How about your church or if you don't attend one, one in town? We had my sons party at our fellowship hall at church. I provided the food which was barbecue from a favorite place of his. Since I ordered in bulk it was about $2.50 per plate. I decorated with balloons and had a box decorated so people could put "wisdom" in there for him to read later. It was a big hit!! (01/30/2007)

By peachynptc

Graduation Party Ideas

We had a great graduation party at a town park, in a reserved picnic shelter. We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, and provided drinks, and a cake. Many people asked, "Can we bring something?" and because they were sincere, I said, "Sure!" In that way, lots of good side dishes were provided. There was a volleyball net, a basketball court, and a couple other activities nearby. With a few lawn chairs, balloons, and friends, it was a really great party! Over a hundred people came. (01/30/2007)

By Kate

Graduation Party Ideas

Congratulations! I know you are proud. Just clean your house and go with it. That is where you live, do not let anything like that stand in your way. The guests are coming to see and congratulate you and your son, not to see your house. I wish you lived in Michigan because I could help you do it. I love open house graduation parties. I will offer one bit of advice on the food. Do not have too many choices! Two meats is enough. I had my husband cook hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and it was an instant hit. One tip if you can buy the buns on sale before you can freeze them IF you wrap them in foil! I know buns do not freeze well like bread does but if you will use foil they will freeze just fine. i do it all the time. (01/31/2007)

By fred6565

Graduation Party Ideas

As a high school student I know how important moving on to college can be. If you are on a tight budget ask your guests to bring things like plates and drinks. Have a simple party and grill out. The party doesn't have to be fancy, just let him celebrate it with his family and friends. (01/31/2007)

By luvsangel

Graduation Party Ideas
Graduation Party Ideas
A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
High School Graduation Party Cupcake Centerpiece
High School Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Graduation Party Cupcake
Physicians Assistant Graduation Party Ideas
🎉
🎄