Holder for Organizing VCR Tapes

I have a stack of VCR tapes that haven't been watched yet. Previously they were bumped into and knocked out of order, so I'd like to prevent that from occurring again.

Is there some kind of a holder that would permit me to stack them, one on top of the other, in a vertical order, removing the oldest from the bottom and placing the most recently recorded ones on the top? Any other suggestions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Holder For Organizing VCR Tapes

I don't know if you want to purchase a holder or make something, and also how many tapes are you talking about? Unfortunately most holders in stores are now sized for DVD not VHS tapes for VCRs. They will still work but there is some waste. I had a similar problem a few years ago. I had the bottom shelf of the TV cabinet to store them but they kept flopping all over all the time.

I took an empty Kleenex tissue box, pulled off the plastic at the top, made a diagonal cut in each corner to the edge so all four sides would fit down flat inside the box. Then I took a piece of clear packaging tape to tape each flap to the inside. The width of the Kleenex box was the same width as the VCR tapes.

Choose a color that blends in with the decor or color of the shelf or where it is going. I picked a more geometric design (vs. floral that screams tissue box). Also check for boxes that don't have the brand name too visible. And use the same box pattern for all rows to look best. They will hold 9 VCR tapes upright**. And my shelf fits 5 side by side. I made labels for each box indicating type of content, like what TV show or sports, movies. etc. I first did it as a temporary measure but they ended up looking and working out good and they really held up well.

** = Tape manufacturers recommend storing tapes upright, as opposed to stacked on their sides or on top of each other. (09/23/2008)

By Kaelle

Holder for Organizing VCR Tapes
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Video Tape
Uses for Video Tapes
Magnetic Tape
Uses for Magnetic Tape
VHS Tape
Organizing VHS Tapes
🎄