Homemade Version Of Clorox Cleanup

I live in an area of TX that is extremely prone to mold and mildew. The best thing I've used so far to combat & kill these is Clorox cleanup. I clean houses and do "make-ready" between tenants.

Needless to say, I use a LOT of it. I'm looking for a homemade bleach/detergent/whatever recipe that's more affordable! Anyone out there made one up yet?

Thanks,
Jace

Answers:

Homemade Version Of Clorox Cleanup

Here is a recipe I previously saved from another site: You can make your own mildew treatment by mixing a quart of chlorine bleach and a tablespoon of powdered non-ammoniated laundry detergent with 3 quarts of warm water. Good Luck! (01/29/2005)

By snickybun

Homemade Version Of Clorox Cleanup

I had a horrid mold problem last summer. I made up a solution of 1 cup bleach, 1 gallon warm water ,and 3 drops Dawn which worked incredibly well. My walls are now mold free and sparkling. I keep a spray bottle with this solution now , marked on it "bleach solution for mold", so as not to mix it up with my other spray cleaner concoctions. (01/29/2005)

By ScotFinn

Homemade Version Of Clorox Cleanup

I just made some a couple of weeks ago. You must boil the water as this prevents the "cleanup" from molding. First take a roll of bounty paper towels and cut in half. then put one half in rubbermaid container with lid or old round wipe container. Boil 2 cups water . Add 2 tablespoons bleach. Pour over towels, pull out center "core", cap and turn over. Let sit for about 5 miln and flip again.(your container will now be right side up. Use as you normally would any clorox product. (01/30/2005)

By johnsonya@cox.net

Homemade Version Of Clorox Cleanup

A note of caution with homemade bleach solutions: Health clinics in the U.S. are required to replace 10% bleach solution every 24 hours if used for disinfecting (1 part bleach to 9-10 parts water). I assume this is because the bleach loses potency after 24 hours. So . . . be careful if you are using an older version of this type of product to disinfect your kitchen or to clean up juices from raw meat. I would hate for someone to get sick because of using a bleach solution that was too old and therefore ineffective. I'm not sure if a more concentrated bleach solution would need to be replaced as often, but how much bleach do you really want to have around your house anyway? Consider using a recipe for a disinfecting cleanser from The Safe Shoppers Bible or Better Basics for the Home instead. (02/17/2005)

By Sandy

Homemade Clorox Cleanup
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
spray bottle
Homemade "Clorox Cleanup" Recipes
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
🎉
🎄