How do you get WD40 out of clothing?

My sons favorite sweatshirt got WD40 soaked on the sleeve. I've tried soaking it in Oxyclean overnight but that didn't do it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

LIZ from Redmond, OR

Answers:

How do you get WD40 out of clothing?

if it is an oil based stain it comes out with borateem and detergent with the hottest water you can use on that fabric. my husband can make the biggest mess of his jeans, he doesn't know what a shop rag is for, and i use 1/2 cup borateem with 1/2 cup gain or tide detergent and very hot water. good luck (09/06/2006)

By Carla

How do you get WD40 out of clothing?

My father.. a mechanic used to have a product called "Brake Clean" it was a brake cleaner for cars. It worked like magic on a black grease stain that I once got on my new red wool coat. It worked by just spraying it on and then the stain was gone! High fumes though, you'd have to use it outside!

Diane (09/06/2006)

By thyme2garden

How do you get WD40 out of clothing?

I sprayed Simple Green on, washed in cold water and the WD40 came right out. Be sure to check before you put it in the dryer. (09/06/2006)

By Marylin

How do you get WD40 out of clothing?

I've never tried it but have heard that pine sol removes grease stains on clothing. (09/06/2006)

By da

How do you get WD40 out of clothing?

SHAMPOO-
---> WD40 is oil based, Shampoo is meant to get rid of oil from your hair. Cheap Shampoo may strip you hair, it also "strips" the WD40 right out of your clothes! (09/06/2006)

By Cyinda

How do you get WD40 out of clothing?
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Woman in a black dress holding shopping bags.
Clothing That Never Goes Out of Style
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing
🎉
🎄