Ideas for a Swim and Dance Party

I was thinking about having a dance party, but I also have a swimming pool. What I was thinking we could do is that go swimming for a hour or so and then change into clothes and dry our hair and then dance. I will not have a dj, but will program some songs on my dad's amp. and just have them repeat, but I will have a lot of songs.

This will be happening at my house so we were thinking about getting rope lights and Christmas lights for decoration and tikis for around the pool. It will probably start around 4 pm so we can end it around 9. I'm having 20 people so far, but 3 are boys and I am still adding people. Any ideas for anything else? For the people who don't want to dance there will be a ping pong tables.

By Katie C.

Sounds great to me. What are you having for snacks? Since it is over the supper hour, you will have to feed these people something substantial. Pizza, sandwiches, maybe BBQ some burgers, girls might make so with less food, but guys will want something protein!

Katie, sounds like fun, but I'd be careful with the Tiki torches and dancers! Is there something else you could use? What about those little solar lights, all around the yard/deck/pool? What about a limbo? Have the non-dancers hold the limbo pole, to participate! What about getting a bunch of cheap flip-flops, fabric, ribbon, and plastic flowers and have a flip-flop decorating table, or just have the guests bring a pair (so they know they'll fit) and you provide the decorations! And, have a toe-nail polish table nearby to add to the foot-fun! Tell us how it goes!

Swim Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties OutdoorJune 8, 2011
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Smiling Woman in Belly Dance Costume
Making a Belly Dancer Costume
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
🎉
🎄