Swim Party Ideas

Category Planning
A swim party is make a great idea for birthdays and summer parties. This is a page about swim party ideas.

My 14 year old daughter wanted to have a pool party for her birthday. Her birthday is in February, so she waited till summer. We have a pool in our back yard.

She wants to have it for 5 hours. We have decided on a luau theme, but I'm not sure what activities they should do. They are 13 and 14 year old girls and boys. They will be going to swimming and having cake, but that leaves 2 hours of nothing to do. She wants to have the party from 6 to 11 pm so we can do fire works. What else should we do?

By cassie from PA

Answers

Best Answer

I would say to include some fun pool floats from the dollar store or ask each guest to bring their own for racing. My son bought a whale to ride for a tubing weekend. It was the funniest thing to see him riding his whale. His girlfriend had a boat because she didn't want to get her hair wet (that was short lived). Maybe you could find something like that and have some races.

A beach ball to bat around the pool, water guns. Make sure there is music playing, plenty of food and they will create their own party.

Best Answer

Music and dance while everyone is arriving. Games, snacks, karioke. Maybe set up a movie outside. Later, swim and play games, eat cake and open gifts. Watch the fireworks. Besides the limbo, try twister, horse shoes, volleyball, anything that will keep them active and let different groups do different things. Good luck!

I need some ideas for what to do for a swimming party.

By Brenna from Poolville, TX

Answers

Best Answer

For a snack my mom would make my friends and I these adorable treats. Vanilla wafer cookies smashes layered with vanilla pudding in small clear cups. Get the fruit snacks that are ocean themed or worms and make the cup a little beach! Top it off with a cute mini umbrella and you have a super cute kid friendly as well as budget friendly treat.

Sink toys are always fun. Also beach balls and extra goggles and towels for the kiddos. Sometimes it is not a bad idea to have an extra suit or two too. Kids have accidents! Speaking of which. My parents had a sign 'Welcome to our OOL. Notice there is no P in it.' ;)

Best Answer

No "P" in our "ool," lol! Love it. :D
When you say "pool party," the first game I think of is "pool volleyball." You do it with a beach ball of whatever size works best for your crowd. That's gentler than the regular volleyball. (Remember the scene in "Meet the Parents!")

My daughter is turning 14 in June and has already started talking about her birthday party. We live in an apartment and she says she would like to have a pool party with girls and boys. The kids are around 13-15 years old and I don't have any idea of what the ideal or best number of kids would be OK to invite.

On top of that I don't know of any activities they we would like to do. She wants the party to last from 2-6pm. Any thoughts?

Answers

Best Answer

Since you live in an apartment, hopefully you have a pool there that you can use for the party. I would try and keep this down to 10 children at the most. You don't want your neighbors complaining about the noise.

You can let the kids swim for most of the afternoon, until around 4 or so. After they can go in the house and you can feed them snacks, cake and ice cream. You could let them dance or even play video games for an hour or so. One great thing after swimming is to let them watch a film or even listen to music.

I was thinking about having a dance party, but I also have a swimming pool. What I was thinking we could do is that go swimming for a hour or so and then change into clothes and dry our hair and then dance. I will not have a dj, but will program some songs on my dad's amp. and just have them repeat, but I will have a lot of songs.

This will be happening at my house so we were thinking about getting rope lights and Christmas lights for decoration and tikis for around the pool. It will probably start around 4 pm so we can end it around 9. I'm having 20 people so far, but 3 are boys and I am still adding people. Any ideas for anything else? For the people who don't want to dance there will be a ping pong tables.

By Katie C.

Answers

Best Answer

Katie, sounds like fun, but I'd be careful with the Tiki torches and dancers! Is there something else you could use? What about those little solar lights, all around the yard/deck/pool? What about a limbo? Have the non-dancers hold the limbo pole, to participate! What about getting a bunch of cheap flip-flops, fabric, ribbon, and plastic flowers and have a flip-flop decorating table, or just have the guests bring a pair (so they know they'll fit) and you provide the decorations! And, have a toe-nail polish table nearby to add to the foot-fun! Tell us how it goes!

My daughter is turning 15. We have a pool in our back yard and it's from 12pm till whenever. What should we do ?

Answers

Dont make the party too long. 4 hours is plenty. Have swimming, a barbecue, open gifts and then dessert.

You have so many options with the pool that you should be able to plan a fun day no matter how long a party you want to have.

Be sure to set an end time so the other parents know when to pick up their kids.

Pace the day out so you have one major activity scheduled every 60 to 90 minutes. Depending on how many kids come, some kids may want to laze around in the pool. Some may participate.

You can do a scavenger hunt (the winner get a prize--maybe a gift card for iTunes or whatever these kids are into), have a cook out, offer games like corn hole (where you have the wood bins and people toss bags filled with corn into the hole). You could have prizes for the highest scores. You can put up a net (if you have room) and have volley ball or beach ball matches. You can (if you have a fire pit) have s'more making time. If you want the party to go into the evening and have the ability to set up a TV outside or a tablet or computer with one of those projector converters, you could do movie time (hang a white sheet and watch movies). Serve pop corn and pop/soda. Be sure to plan activities that can easily be converted to indoor if you get rain.

Wishing your daughter blessings on her birthday!! Enjoy!!

Happy Early Birthday to your daughter!

A pool party sounds like fun! BBQ or Pizza with finger foods.

You can do pool party game activities: like volleyball or dodge ball in the pool.

Or, at that age - just having music on and the kids talking to each other is plenty fun!

The important thing is: What does your daughter want to do? Kids that age may balk at planned activities. Is your pool set up to play water volleyball or games with floaties?

Be sure to have an adult or two to watch the pool. Even kids that age can get into trouble in deep water.

I'm having a 13th birthday party in August and I need ideas. It's going to be a girl/boy swim party at night, and my crush is going to be there so I am worried the party is going to be a disaster. Please help me!

Erica

Answers:

Swim Party Ideas

Have you thought of a Hawaiian theme? Cheap grass skirts for both boys and girls. Hula contest with dollar store batons for the guys to whirl. You could use streamers on the baton ends for the fire baton effect. Have drums for the boys to beat on (what boy could resist making noise?!). You might get the music at the library as some do lend tapes and Cd's. That way you wouldn't have to spend extra for the theme music. You could still have your favorite music too. Mix it up. Play one theme song with a contest then play a few of your favorites. Leis and leaf head rings are available at party stores. Or you could make a contest out of making leis. The guys have to make one for the girls and the girls make one for the boys. Good luck. And if they are really your friends there is no way it could be a disaster! (07/13/2006)

By CARLA BLEDSOE

Swim Party Ideas

Make sure the party has lots of adult supervision. You don't want all your friends' parents to think you are the girl who has parties where boys and girls hook up and do things they're not supposed to do. A swim party at night just sounds risky. (07/13/2006)

By Allison

Swim Party Ideas

Try not to be nervous just because the boy you are interested in will be there. Just be yourself. Obviously he considers you a friend, or he would not come to your party. Treat him as your friend and if anything is meant to happen for the two of you it will progress naturally. I think you should plan some fun games in case the party starts to drag. If everyone seems to be having fun without organized games, go with that. Make sure you have lots of good food and music. If you have the mindset that your party will be fun, it will be! (07/13/2006)

Holidays and Parties Parties PlanningMarch 9, 2017
🎃