Swim Party Ideas

Category Planning
A swim party is make a great idea for birthdays and summer parties. This is a guide about swim party ideas.

My 14 year old daughter wanted to have a pool party for her birthday. Her birthday is in February, so she waited till summer. We have a pool in our back yard.

She wants to have it for 5 hours. We have decided on a luau theme, but I'm not sure what activities they should do. They are 13 and 14 year old girls and boys. They will be going to swimming and having cake, but that leaves 2 hours of nothing to do. She wants to have the party from 6 to 11 pm so we can do fire works. What else should we do?

By cassie from PA

Answers

Best Answer

I would say to include some fun pool floats from the dollar store or ask each guest to bring their own for racing. My son bought a whale to ride for a tubing weekend. It was the funniest thing to see him riding his whale. His girlfriend had a boat because she didn't want to get her hair wet (that was short lived). Maybe you could find something like that and have some races.

A beach ball to bat around the pool, water guns. Make sure there is music playing, plenty of food and they will create their own party.

Best Answer

Music and dance while everyone is arriving. Games, snacks, karioke. Maybe set up a movie outside. Later, swim and play games, eat cake and open gifts. Watch the fireworks. Besides the limbo, try twister, horse shoes, volleyball, anything that will keep them active and let different groups do different things. Good luck!

I need some ideas for what to do for a swimming party.

By Brenna from Poolville, TX

Answers

Best Answer

For a snack my mom would make my friends and I these adorable treats. Vanilla wafer cookies smashes layered with vanilla pudding in small clear cups. Get the fruit snacks that are ocean themed or worms and make the cup a little beach! Top it off with a cute mini umbrella and you have a super cute kid friendly as well as budget friendly treat. Sink toys are always fun. Also beach balls and extra goggles and towels for the kiddos. Sometimes it is not a bad idea to have an extra suit or two too. Kids have accidents! Speaking of which. My parents had a sign 'Welcome to our OOL. Notice there is no P in it.' ;)

Best Answer

No "P" in our "ool," lol! Love it. :D
When you say "pool party," the first game I think of is "pool volleyball." You do it with a beach ball of whatever size works best for your crowd. That's gentler than the regular volleyball. (Remember the scene in "Meet the Parents!")

I was thinking about having a dance party, but I also have a swimming pool. What I was thinking we could do is that go swimming for a hour or so and then change into clothes and dry our hair and then dance. I will not have a dj, but will program some songs on my dad's amp. and just have them repeat, but I will have a lot of songs.

This will be happening at my house so we were thinking about getting rope lights and Christmas lights for decoration and tikis for around the pool. It will probably start around 4 pm so we can end it around 9. I'm having 20 people so far, but 3 are boys and I am still adding people. Any ideas for anything else? For the people who don't want to dance there will be a ping pong tables.

By Katie C.

Answers

Best Answer

Katie, sounds like fun, but I'd be careful with the Tiki torches and dancers! Is there something else you could use? What about those little solar lights, all around the yard/deck/pool? What about a limbo? Have the non-dancers hold the limbo pole, to participate! What about getting a bunch of cheap flip-flops, fabric, ribbon, and plastic flowers and have a flip-flop decorating table, or just have the guests bring a pair (so they know they'll fit) and you provide the decorations! And, have a toe-nail polish table nearby to add to the foot-fun! Tell us how it goes!

I'm having a 13th birthday party in August and I need ideas. It's going to be a girl/boy swim party at night, and my crush is going to be there so I am worried the party is going to be a disaster. Please help me!

Erica

Answers:

Swim Party Ideas

Have you thought of a Hawaiian theme? Cheap grass skirts for both boys and girls. Hula contest with dollar store batons for the guys to whirl. You could use streamers on the baton ends for the fire baton effect. Have drums for the boys to beat on (what boy could resist making noise?!). You might get the music at the library as some do lend tapes and Cd's. That way you wouldn't have to spend extra for the theme music. You could still have your favorite music too. Mix it up. Play one theme song with a contest then play a few of your favorites. Leis and leaf head rings are available at party stores. Or you could make a contest out of making leis. The guys have to make one for the girls and the girls make one for the boys. Good luck. And if they are really your friends there is no way it could be a disaster! (07/13/2006)

By CARLA BLEDSOE

Swim Party Ideas

Make sure the party has lots of adult supervision. You don't want all your friends' parents to think you are the girl who has parties where boys and girls hook up and do things they're not supposed to do. A swim party at night just sounds risky. (07/13/2006)

By Allison

Swim Party Ideas

Try not to be nervous just because the boy you are interested in will be there. Just be yourself. Obviously he considers you a friend, or he would not come to your party. Treat him as your friend and if anything is meant to happen for the two of you it will progress naturally. I think you should plan some fun games in case the party starts to drag. If everyone seems to be having fun without organized games, go with that. Make sure you have lots of good food and music. If you have the mindset that your party will be fun, it will be! (07/13/2006)