14th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Category Planning
A 14th celebration can be a challenge to plan for these energetic young teens. This guide contains 14th birthday party ideas for girls.

Want an original 14th girl birthday party? Last year for my 14th, me and my friends all dressed up like our favorite characters from the movie premiere we were going to see (The Hunger Games). None of the guys dressed up but it was still fun. We hung around, got food, went people watching and then went back to my house after the guys left. We got in ridiculous pajamas and played Truth or Dare, Would You Rather, we prank called people and then put on a bunch of glow-in-the-dark stuff and ran around the park. We even had a strobe light dance party.

It was really fun and I think it was perfect for my age group. Hope this is helpful :)

You don't need to spend a lot of money to have a fun party for your child's 14th birthday. This is a guide about inexpensive 14th birthday ideas.

Teenagers at a 14th birthday party.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Planning a birthday party in a small apartment can be a challenge. This is a guide about 14th birthday party ideas for a small apartment.

Birthday cake with burning number fourteen candle

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Looking for something different from your traditional birthday party? Here are some ideas about how to host an emo birthday party. This is a guide about 14 year old emo party suggestions.

Teen email girl with colorful hair.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Inviting boys and girls to your 14th birthday party is a great way to make sure it's fun and includes all your friends. This is a guide about co-ed 14th birthday party ideas.

4 teens at a co-ed pool party.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is guide about spa party ideas. The spa party is a popular theme for young girls' birthday parties.

Spa Party

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

My birthday is October 19th and I will be turning 14 so I don't want anything babyish, but I can't have a pool party because it will be too cold. Any ideas?

Answers

omg my birthday is also october 19th 2002 i have no idea what to do

My 14th birthday is April 4th and I have never had a party so I wanted to invite my friends somewhere. My parents said the only way that will happen is if it's at our local bowling alley. I don't want to just go to the bowling alley I want to go somewhere else. Does anyone have any cheap birthday ideas? (P.S I also am not going to just invite them to my house or a cookout. I want an actual place like a restaurant with plenty of games and group activities.)

Answers

Why not call a number of restaurants in your neighbourhood to see what they would charge? Perhaps inquire about a smaller, separate room? You might have to arrange your own games and activities.

I'm turning 14 soon and I am stuck for party ideas. I'd only be inviting girls and I'd like to invite a lot of my friends. I don't think a disco would be good seeing as there are no boys. Any ideas?

By Lucy

Answers

I think you could go with disco - girls all like to dance. At 14, you would have trouble getting the boys to dance anyway. If that is what you would like, go for it!

Apples to Apples was played at our friends party and was really fun. Then, just have pizza and cake. Murder Mystery is another fun one.

High tea? You could have it at your house or out somewhere. Or you could o ice-skating, this is especially good if you go on one of those days when they have ice-skating discos.

You could go to your favourite restaurant then have a sleepover. Or, just stick with your idea, you don't need boys to have fun.

I have had gone to sky zone and slingshot intertament both super fun

I am turning 14 on August 21st and I have "no clue" on what to do. I am inviting 7 girls so, including me that's 8 people. I don't want to spend over $200 because during this time I have to go school shopping and that a lot of money. I am not the type of girl that likes to have makeover parties or anything like that. So can you please help me?

T'era

Answers

Hey
Im 15 and I remember not knowing what to do for my 14th birthday.. but anyways if you wanted to do something thats not like a makeover party, then maybe you could go to the mall and go see a movie. If you dont want to do that you could just hang out at your house and order pizza or go swimming or something.
Alayna

I haven't been a teenager for many years, so I apologize if this idea is too goofy:
How about having a Whodunit-type mystery party? You could be "murdered", and your guests would have to solve the "crime". It would be a lot of work and you'd have to be creative in order to make up the clues. But I don't think it would cost much money, and the winner could get a prize t-shirt or trophy or something like that.

How about decorating cupcakes, having a scavenger hunt, etc? Our 17-year-old granddaughter went to the prom with four girlfriends ( her first year with no date) and they had a formal dinner served by her mother, highlighted with belching contests. Their dresses were the most expensive part and they had a blast! They said the best part was not having to worry about what a guy thought of them or if they were doing everything right. Totally liberating! How about karaoke? Guessing games? (I'm thinking of something that starts with a k.) Get a dance video and learn some new steps together. Etc. You get the idea. Have a great time!!!

i am turning 14 on August the 11 and i need some ideas

Pizza? Movie rentals? Ask each guest to think up something the group can do (for a little while) Put each activity on slips of paper and do them one at a time for about :30 each. That's 4 hours of fun right there. Do you have a video camera? Maybe record each guest performing a song or dance. With your budget, you should be able to have 7 blank tapes or dvd's to record onto and send home with your guest. If your puter has the capability, perhaps you or a parent can copy them all onto one tape or disc so that you can have a party remembrance. Happy B'day to you!

The word clue in your post made me think you should do some sort of mystery party.
I believe they still sell mystery parties in a box. Everyone gets a role and is given ideas on how to dress. Most people get lines to read. The kit gives ideas on food to serve, etc. They are lots of fun! The kits are about $20 if I remember right. Look at a store that sells games. Better yet, call before you go. Have Fun! Happy birthday!

i have afew ideas you might like

1. have a pink party. i had 1 last year and it was great, every1 dressed in pink and we had non alcoholic cocktails!

2. a bouncy castle. i no it sounds babyish but thre great fun even for us teens

3. fancy dress. everyone loves to let out there inner selves once in a while

4. sleepover, a giant 1 there the best

hope my ideas have helped

Hey, i'm turning 14 on August 16th and I'm in the same boat. I'm inviting 7 girls, including myself. We have been considering: Sky High, Dave & Busters, Campo di Bocce. [I don't know if you live near any of those places haha] Also, we might buy some beading kits/crafty thinggss and get a suite and just have like a slumber party. High School Musical 2 comes out on the 17th, so we'll probably watch that. hahah lame :] i know. well, hope that helped!

im turning 14 this year and i have no idea what to do and i need some ideas !!!
i want something fun!!!
its quite hard as my birthday is in october and its coming near to winter so that makes it harder!!!
please help!!

Can You Help Me Too Im Turning 14 On 27th September, I Need An Idea That Can Include Boys And Girls Cos Most Of My Friends Are Boys. I Want My BoyFriend To Come As Well. My Mum Said A Sleep-Over and i'd love that but what about the boys, do you think they would mind sleepin at my house? Please help, Thanks!

i already turned 14 but i still wanna have a party.
i've considered
-iceskating [lotz of funn!]
-movies
-miniture golf
-bbq
-a day at the beach [with about 4-5 girls]
ect.

but none of those opions seem to work for me
i dont have a big house so a sleepover is out of the question.
i dont have a pool either.
i cant do the day at the beach because i have 10 girls i really want 2 invite but i would only be able to bring 5 of them if i went to the beach
all i want is an inexpensive party that would be a lot of fun!
i gave you some of my ideas
can you give me some of yours?
please help
thanks =)

Have a High School Musical 2 party. That movie is a lot of fun and it is hot right now.duuuuuuuuuueeeeeee.

Im turning 14 on October 5th. I know I'm getting some great presents but what can I do for a party!! I want to involve my 6 bezzies. I have NO idea what I'm going to do it's in like a week's time too! HELP!

Go camping! Dress in fancy dress and pitch a tent, even in your garden if the parents won't let u go elsewhere. Get marshmallows, face paints, songs, campfire, have a blast!

I'm turning 14 in July and I have no ideas what to do apart from have a BBQ. Any other ideas which are better or is that OK?

By Rachel from Salford

Answers

I heard of a girls teenage party at the mall. It was turned into a scavenger hunt and picture taking. So each girl gets a camera( or can use their phone) and a scavenger hunt list with items from the stores. Just take pictures of the items with their faces. At the end there is a finish line( chosen place at the mall) and the winner is the 1st person or team arriving. You can look at the pictures downloaded on a computer later or develop pictures later and send them with a thank you note. This is a cheap and easy birthday party.

I heard of a girls teenage party at the mall. It was turned into a scavenger hunt and picture taking. So each girl gets a camera (or can use their phone) and a scavenger hunt list with items from the stores. Just take pictures of the items with their faces.
At the end there is a finish line (chosen place at the mall) and the winner is the 1st person or team arriving. You can look at the pictures downloaded on a computer later or develop pictures later and send them with a thank you note. This is a cheap and easy birthday party.

You could go to the beach and have a BBQ or fish and chips on the beach, or you could go ice-skating.

I am having my 14th birthday party at home, but I don't know what to do. There will be girls and boys there. I am a tomboy, I don't really like girly stuff. Any suggestions are appreciated.

My birthday is May 27 and it's coming up fast. I don't know what to do with my 9 friends. I don't want to go to a mall. I just want to stay in the area I'm in. There are many parks and a big indoor space. I also want to have a party at home. But I don't know what to do. I don't want it childish. I am thinking of a picnic, movie, games, and a photo booth, but I want to take it to the next level. Any advice?

My 14th birthday party is combined with my best friend and it is in 2 months. We have about 50 people coming and it is a Scouts party because we do scouts. We have lots of scouts coming and we would like to know a really cheap way for our food and decorations. Thank you.

Answers

Lots of balloons and ribbon from the dollar store/ paper plates, cups and napkins from walmart - hot dogs, chips, and a birthday cake from a discount grocery store, like Costco.

Thank you I will try and shops like those in Australia.

My daughter is having a birthday and I want to do something special for her. She loves the performing arts and has tons of friends. We would have around 50-75 people at her party, but I want to keep it below $500. Since we are in LA, we don't know where to have her bday party. A selfie booth would be great so the kids could take pictures, but I don't know of any companies that do that. Any ideas/help would be great!

So my birthday is on the 29th of June, but I can't have it til after. I have no idea what type of party I want and I'm inviting around 7 people. What should I do?

I am turning 14 in a few months (19-June-2016) and I need to have a killer party! My theme is Horror Movie. The thing I need help with is the menu, time, venue, etc.! I live in Bundaberg, Australia. Please help!

From Bella

I'm having three friends over to sleep (in 4 days) for my birthday, but it's not a big birthday it's just my 14th. My mum doesn't want to spend a heap of money because they don't have a lot, but yeah. I just don't have that many ideas and I don't want them getting bored! So if you guys have any that would help a lot.

I'm turning 14 on the 14th of May, so it is not that far away and I need a birthday idea. I'm not really allowed one this year, but I might be moving schools at the end of this year so my parents are allowing it. It needs to be something non-expensive, but also super fun. My mum doesn't really like the whole shopping centre scavenger hunt thing. But she suggested horse riding, a great escape thing, bowling, or dinner and then a movie. She also said no sleepovers. So can anyone help me? If you can't think of any do you think any of the ones my mum suggested would be good?

P.S Where I live May is autumn so it's too cold for a pool party and I've already done ice skating so yeah please help.

Thanks TAESMLP xx

Hey my 14th birthday is coming up on April 17 and I have no clue what to do. Here where I am it's autumn. I am in high school and I want to have an epic party, but I only want to invite around 20-30 people (mainly girls). I am all about colour and unicorns and pics. I hope you could help.

So I'm having a birthday party on July 10 and I'm turning 14. I have no idea what to do. It's in my backyard mostly and might be in my house. My backyard is not big and we will be in the garage. I need help with a theme and ideas for what to do. There will be about 8-9 teen girls, 13-14 all girly. Please help! Thank you.

My birthday is in two weeks and I have prepared nothing. I don't know what to do. I turn fourteen and I just want a sleepover or something easy, but I have 5 friends and if I have a sleepover we only have room for 4 and I don't want to leave a friend out. What shall I do?

I am turning 14 in one month and I don't know what to do for my party. I am inviting boys and girls and I want to do a disco party, but I don't know if I should do a theme or not? It is going to be at my house so I don't want to overdo it?

I'm turning 14 in September and I don't know what to do for my birthday. I'm inviting 4 friends and it can't be expensive. I've searched everywhere for ideas, but I don't want to do a "spa night" or anything like that. I want it to be casual (I've already done bowling, trampoline parks, and dinner before so I can't repeat that ). I live in Norwich in the UK and I'm a girl :) Please leave loads of suggestions as I only have like 2 weeks until my birthday! I am also mature for my age.

My birthday is the 20th of June, and I'll be 14. I want to have a fun party. I've already done pool parties, dance parties, etc. I want a party that's good for boys and girls, but I don't want to be repetitive. Also I want my party before the 20th because we're going to Disney 4 days after my birthday. So, it also needs to be kinda inexpensive.

It's my 14th birthday in 2 weeks. I have lots of friends that I want to invite, but not a lot of money. Last year I went shopping and this year I want to do something different. What should I do?

I will be turning 14 in January. I have my friends, but I don't really know what to do. I want to have a dinner, but only with my close 2 friends. What should I do with my other 3 friends that aren't as close to me?

I will be 14 on May 12 and my party will be on May 14. I don't know what to do for my birthday party. I want to go somewhere that is cheap. I can invite 4 of my friends. Please help me. What should I do?

I'm turning 14 in a couple of weeks, on May 17th, and my mum wants a party organised by this week. I like the idea of a themed gathering. I'd like go to a park and have some food and play heaps of games, but I just don't know what! I'm not really into makeup or anything beauty wise! I like playing heaps of games. Also my price range is really low so anything affordable would be great! There will be 14 of us (boys and girls). Thank you.

Answers

A great idea if you want to go to a park or something like that is to have a picnic themed party where you could bring food that you would bring to a picnic. Also instead of eating at a table, bring a large blanket to sit on to bring the whole theme together! Also plan some interesting games you would play at a picnic! I hope this helps and Happy Birthday!!

I know my birthday is still in 4 months, but I like to plan ahead. I wanted to have a sleepover, but my mom doesn't like the idea of 7 girls running around at 1 am. Then I thought of going to a hotel with some girls and my dad, but then I thought some people might not like the idea of them staying the night with a guy. So I thought about the mall and things like that, but it feels like it would go too fast. Any ideas where they could stay longer then a few hours yet not sleep~over?

By Hayley from MA

Answers

How about a pizza, pajama movie night? They could show up late afternoon and be picked up late, say 10:30 or 11.

You should get tents in the back yard and just have your parents check up every once and a while... and if you can get someone to scare you guys unexpectedly even better.

I so know the feeling my mom and dad don't want to be up at 2 in the morning but I want to stay up late with my friends. I try to give them ear plugs and stuff. lol

lol I'm like you my 14th birthday is in October and I'm already planning to, if you live near a beach you could throw a party there and later at dark you can make a bonfire thats what I'm probably going to do, I had a beach party a while ago and it turned out good so ya just have music and food lol

If you don't like or live near beach you can go out to a restaurant and after go back to your house not to sleepover since u can't have that but to like hangout for the day and do whatever you can even watch a movie just try and be more independent from parents like try to make it so the parents are to involved.

I am turning 14 October 31 and I don't know what to do for my birthday. I want it to be fun and not spendy. I don't talk to a lot of people, but I want a lot of people to come. I want a boy and girl party. I love purple and blue. Any suggestings?

My birthday is in a week. My sister asked what we should do. I don't know what to do. What would a soon to be 14 year old do for her birthday that is a week away?

I'm 13 and I will be 14 in some months, but I like to plan early. My birthday is in September so that's about 4 months away right after summer break. But I need ideas on what should I do. I've already done a pool party and a spa. Please help.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what I can do for my 14th birthday? I don't want to have it at my house so I can't do any themes or anything. I also don't want to go on one of those trampoline places or skating.
Thanks:)

My birthday is on August 12th. I'll be turning 14 in a couple months, but I don't know what to do for my birthday. I have 6 people coming to my birthday party that's all my best friends. I am a girly girl, but I don't know what to do for my party. Okay so my cousin said that I can have a party or whatever I want to do for my birthday, but just have to tell her what I want to do by my birthday. Then I should get it all planned out and stuff, but I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for my birthday with all my friends.

My birthday is coming up in April 2017 and I'm turning 14. I want to try something different this year, like maybe a few ideas that are cheap and fun. I was thinking of going paintballing and going karting. I am planning on inviting my close friend to the event, but she has a older sister that is a few years older and I don't want to be rude and not invite her. What should I do? Please help.

So my birthday is coming up in a couple of months and I still don't know what to do? I was thinking about going shopping or something, but I want to do something different. It can be slightly pricey (up to £150, approximately $180). I want to do something that can either have loads of people coming (20-30) or only a few! I need ideas so if you have any please let me know.

Thank You x

Load More