Spa Party Ideas

Category Planning
Spa Party
The spa party is a popular theme for young girls' birthday parties. This is guide about spa party ideas.

Have a spa party! Have 5 stations: manicure, pedicure, facials, hair and gift shop! Assign one station to each guest. Have magazines to read while getting things done and snacks to munch on! So have fun!

Megan from Saranac, NY

My friend made a party at home for her daughter that the guests are still talking about. You will need a couple of friends to help.

The girls had their hair styled and got manicures and pedicures. My friend used coupons to get the supplies very inexpensively or even free. Each girl got to take the comb, hair ties, barrettes, polish and a toe separator home as party favors.

For dinner they made their own English muffin pizzas. For dessert there was ice cream and birthday cake. There was a lot of fun and laughter, and many memories made.

My friend's party was for young girls but I'm sure this tip would work for tweens and teens as well.

Source: My friend

i have an idea! you should make like a spa themed party. you could make facials, have mani/pedis, possible a small candy bar, and maybe a sleepover with your child's friend's parent approval. they will have a great time an you could but some paper bags as party favors and put things in them or you can buy inexpensive mini makeup bags and put in lip gloss, the facial you made, and maybe some candy and mini toys!

enjoy! i hope this really helped!

On a cold winter weekend pick a day that is good for your girlfriends, your mom, aunties, cousins, daughters, sisters, etc. and invite them to your home for a get together. If you have a fireplace get a nice fire going prior to their arrival. Heat up some cocoa (they now make great instant if you don't want to do made from scratch cocoa.) Cider is also nice. Add a few dips with veggies and crackers and a big bowl of popcorn. (You'll find most of your guests will offer to bring some thing so designate some of the food to them). Then with some old towels, cotton balls & fingernail polish treat each other to painted toenails. Have fun.

By joesgirl

I am turning 12 on Aug. 27, but my party is on the 23rd. I need some games to play. I am having a spa party and it is gonna be super fun, but I want some games to play that go along with my theme. Also, we have a hot tub so if you have any just plain hot tub games, no theme that would be awesome! Thanks!

Allie from St. Paul, MN

Answers

Best Answer

I'm planing my 13th b.day party and I have a couple of game ideas 1)Unscrambler you ask in the invitations to have their parents write down a couple of words but scramble the letters and at the party hand them out, but then ask them to hand it to the person to the left and let them unscramble it then as it gets going as soon as everyone has done everyone's including their own let every one guess who they think that it was. 2) hey baby-ask everyone to bring a baby pic of themself and give them a # and let everyone look at them and try to figure out who is who.

Best Answer

Well, I am having a spa party too, here are some Ideas I came up with!

Accessories Swap: All girls bring accessories that they don't like and you swap them.

Dressing room: have a room set up with a rack of clothes (your clothes or from goodwill or salvation army) and have the girls pick out different outfits to wear to the mall and on the catwalk!

Claire's challenge: each group gets $15. there is a list of things that you can find in Claire's. they have half an hour to find everything on that list and pay for it!

mall shopping spree: each girls brings at least $25 and you go to different stores in the mall and buy clothes and stuff!

pjammy grammys: each girls brings two pajama outfits. You have a jammy fashion show and you get awards for 1st 2nd 3rd etc.

heathy buffet: grown ups put out a buffet while girls are getting "beautified". put healthy and non healthy foods in

it and see which girls have the most healthy things and the most non healthy things!

spa menu: have a menu for what they want at the spa! have a #1, #2, #3 ect.

Best Answer

Hey

Okay, so I'm having a spa party with some of my cousins, and I'm doing a lot of research with it because I want it to be AWESOME. I'm going to give us a foot bath and a pedi. I saw that if you pick a color to be your theme it makes everything more relaxing. It says that Lavender oil and other essential oils are also relaxing to have. Lighting candles adds a mood and makes it more fun. Playing music that the guests like is fun to do also. When your guests are soaking there feet, throw a bunch of towels through the dryer so they'll be warm.

For facials, I found a whole bunch of recipes all over the web. My friend showed me one where you take 1/2 cup of honey, 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of marmalade and you mix it all together. It's really cool but your face feels weird when it's on. Wash it off with a warm wash cloth, but don't wipe it off. Pat it off. It's better for your skin.

After the facials, we're going to paint our nails. My cousins are the ages of 9-12 so we're going to pair up with the one closest to our age.

Then we're going to do each others make up and dress up.

My cousins thought it would be cool if we could do a talent show where we sing, dance, show our artwork etc. It thought it would be cool, so I'm creating a stage for the show.

The party is going to be totally AWESOME

I hope I helped!

-Mary

Best Answer

Well like my best friend had a ag spa sleepover and asked some of the kids parents to volunteer to work at the stations instead of hiring professionals. They had the pedicure and manicure station, facial station, and one station they had things where you made flip flops for you and your ag dolls! It was really neat and in the morning everyone took their ag doll and watch a doll hair salon video and did their doll's hair. I loved it

Do you have any ideas for a 10 year old girls birthday? She likes Spa stuff and she is also going to have a sleepover afterward. Thanks!

Zoe from Birmingham, AL

Best Answer

When my daughter turned 9, I took her and her friends to the local beauty school. They each got a new hairstyle, pedicaure, manicure, facial and head/neck massage. It cost me $4 per child.

The price would have been more, but they offered me a special for bringing in 12 little girls. Then we went home, made our own pizzas and watched movies all night.

Best Answer

I'm a children's party planner and love these type of parties. My daughter is turning 10 on the 28th of Feb,, so we're having a pampered princess spa party! We will make lip gloss and body lotion for the crafts. Stuff-n-fluff a poodle and dress it in a princess outfit! The girls will each get dresses in a spa robe, spa slippers, and a headband (and tiara).

Then we'll, have stations: mini manicure, mini pedicure (with foot soak), and facial. After the pampering session, we'll enjoy fresh fruit, pinwheel sandwiches, veggies and sparkling flavored water. The high light will be the chocolate fountain with sweet treats! With pink chocolate of course :o) We're excited and can't wait!

My daughter is thinking of having a spa party for her birthday, but I don't know how to make facials, masks, and stuff for the party. Please someone help me.

By Selena

Best Answer

My sister had a make-up party when she was younger. We did make-up and hair, all with things we got at the dollar store. Usually dollar stores have bath products such as shower gel, bath salts, and bath fizzes that make good party favors. They also have lotions and other beauty supplies that are of a fair quality and smell nice, as well as scented candles and sometimes incense. You can also usually buy peeling or moisturizing face masks at WalMart.

Best Answer

Before there were SPAs, real everyday women used "Ponds" cold cream for their faces. You could get scarves at the dollar stores for the girls to tie up their hair like in the 40's. Walgreens have fingernail polish for a couple of dollars. Cotton balls and nail polish remover and hand creams at the $ store. Soft lights and soft music with battery operated candles ( 2/$1.00 batteries inc. 99¢ store) You didn't say how old your daughter will be. Give her a big hug and tell her Happy Birthday from GG Vi

I am looking for homemade spa recipes for a sleepover party for 11 to 12 year old girls.

By Bailey from Glendale, AZ

Answer Was this helpful? 1

You could take sugar, add some favorite essential oils, and the girls could have one of those expensive sugar scrubs that you get at fine spas. You can also add a little food coloring to it. The sugar scrubs are used on the feet, hands and arms. Cathy

You can do manicures and pedicures. Be sure to get cotton balls to put between their fingers and toes and have a variety of "polish colors" for them to select from. The website: www.pioneerliving.com has some fantastic readers' tips for make-it-yourself "masks" etc. You might check them out and choose whatever works best for you!

I'm turning 14 soon and I want to have a spa party and do facials, nails, etc., but I want to make it unique. Does anyone have any ideas for how to make my party unique, but still do facials and stuff? Please help!
Volleygirl

Something I know that many of my own friends have done is have a glow in the dark themed spa party. To make it even more special book out a hotel room to do it all (glow in the dark nail polish is pretty cool for at night as well as paint) and maybe also have a some movies that everyone one can enjoy (horror, drama, comedy, romance, etc). If you can't do the whole hotel thing why not turn your house into a resort. I know that I had a blast with the whole hotel/spa/movie night thing and you can definitely find some cool stuff on pinterest to add to your party, including the glowing thing. ;D HOPE I HELPED!

Anonymous

Hi I reckon you should maybe do tables of DIYS face masks so they do it them selfs that's unique and maybe get them to take home the left over in mason jars

Anonymous

I went to a really fun B-day party just yesterday at it was at Lush Cosmetics, it was awesome, we had facial masks and did makeup and had hand treatments, we even got to have a $40 shopping sprie after it at Lush Cosmetics

-BubbaCat

Anonymous

if you want it to be unique do a glow in the dark theme!!! you can still do a spa theme but get glow in the dark nail polish, make-up,etc. it'll be fun i promise

I managed to find paintball for a 10 year old boy's party, but can't find any spas for 12 year old girl. What spa groups did others on your site use?

By Tiff from south west England

I don't live in your area but you might want to try beauty schools they usually are a lot cheaper on prices and sometimes do a better job since they are learning all the latest now.The only draw-back is usually the times that the school takes appts so you might want to check out a few. I know in my area one is only open during the day and the other is open both.

I am turning 16 and was brainstorming ideas for my birthday. One of my ideas was to have a spa party where we set up a little area in the master bathroom where we can do each other's nails, do facials, and talk. We will have appetizers and later pizza and cake for dessert. At the end of the party I will hand out party favor bags with body lotions, etc. I like this idea, but think it may seem like a 12 year old birthday party, what do you think.

By G

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a home spa birthday party for 14-year-olds. It's all girls and it's a slumber party. We will probably watch some chick flicks and stuff but does anyone have some other ideas of like facials and stuff.

Ellen

Answers:

Home Spa Birthday Party

How about beauty masks (there are a zillion recipes on the net and in magazines? Take pics while they are sitting with goo on their faces. Give each other mani and pedicures. Decorate a t-shirt to wear the next day. How about an accessory swap where they can all bring stuff they are tired of and trade with each other! (09/16/2005)

By

Home Spa Birthday Party

We just had a spa party that worked out quite well! We had the girls do facials, soaked feet in bath salts, had manicures from the salon up the street, did mini- makeovers! We got a lot of ideas from the American Girl book about sleepovers, The kids all had a blast! (09/18/2005)

By Deanna Rogers

Home Spa Birthday Party

Make light foods to go with the girly spa theme like smoothies and things of the such. Definitely, do the beauty masks. If you were planning on sending gift bags, send home a little bottle of homemade bath salts and lotions and potions. If you collect little yogurt smoothie bottles they are perfect and free! Bath salts are inexpensive and you can get the kids involved. You can find all kinds of recipes that the girls can make and you can also use as favors. Go to the library and check out some books. I make some of my own beauty products. They are cheap and easy along with fun. Sure to be fun for all the girls. I think the t-shirt and accessory swap are good ideas too. Good to keep the girls interested. And if you are worried about costs, the swaps are ways to keep prices low. Or ask for each girl to bring something like one girl bananas one girl nonfat dry milk. And maybe for the biggest "it thing" have a competition between the girls making smoothies. Whoever makes the best smoothie gets a little prize. Or have a "spa Grammy awards." Like the girl most proud of her beauty mask or the girl who is willing to try it all. These things can keep the girls busy and into the whole pampering and be feeling like a celebrity theme. (09/18/2005)

By Sarah

Home Spa Birthday Party

My daughter is also having a spa party. I borrowed foot baths from friends and they are giving each other a pedicure. We are doing facials made with pumpkin, papaya, and yogurt. We are playing a game of put all their shoes in a pile and we break into two teams. They race to find their shoes and put them on. The first team that's done wins. We are also making non-skid slippers from thick socks and puffy paint. (10/19/2005)

By Teri

Home Spa Birthday Party

I am turning 11 years old and we are having a spa party. We are gonna be hiring hair stylists to do our hair, and we are gonna do mini-makeovers and manicures and pedicures watch some chick flicks and you know those books, that have like ideas how to make lotions and stuff that what we're gonna do for our crafts. it's gonna be great fun for 11-year olds-30 years olds lol! so it will be fun (03/11/2006)

By Kaylee Mller

Home Spa Birthday Party

I just had a spa party, and it was so much fun. We first started by taking before pictures. We then watched a bunch of chick flicks and we did each other's nails, toes, hair, make-up, and facials. Then at the end of the makeovers, we set up a catwalk and we all strutted down it with our new looks and our parents were the judges. We then took pictures. We all had so much fun and at the end of the party, they all got to take home little keepsakes filled with mini soaps, lip gloss, nail files, nail polish, mini shampoos + conditioners, and there before and after pictures. It was the best party ever! (05/09/2006)

By Ashley Esposito

Home Spa Birthday Party

I had a Spa party and it was AWESOME!! when the girls arrived we took their pictures and then started. First, we all had manicures, then facials, then pedicures, then makeup., the HAIR!! then we had all the girls walk down the runway and took their pictures! All the girls looked fabulous!

After we watched chick flicks and had dinner!
It was the best party ever! (10/23/2006)

By Meghan

Home Spa Birthday Party

I am planning my 12th birthday party. I was looking for different ideas and thought the Spa theme would be fun. Any ideas? Thanks! (04/17/2007)

By Sarah

The best spa birthday party

I am going to have a spa party for my 13 birthday. When my guests get here we will take pictures and then they will move to a station there will be manicures and pedicures along with makeup face masks and dressing room. Some of the games we will play after is the pajama Grammys. We will strut down the runway, strike a pose, and then take a picture. We will hand out awards and then head upstairs for dinner. We will have a healthy buffet and then for dessert we will make our own fruit smoothies after we will head downstairs and open presents then watch some of the best chick flicks. For the goodie bags at the end, I will have bath soaps and other spa treatment things along with a photo album with pictures. It will be so much fun (06/16/2007)

By katie carter

Home Spa Birthday Party

You should have the girls all put mud masks on and listen to cool music they like. Candles would be nice to decorate your party with. After that you should have them paint their nails and toenails. Teen magazines would be cool to stack up for them to read. Then you can have them do each others hair and make-up and have fun with it. Girls love to take pictures so its fun for them to take pictures when they feel all prettied up. then they can watch a bunch of girly movies like The Notebook or Awalk to Remember. That would be a great party. (07/11/2007)

By someone

Home Spa Birthday Party

I'm gonna have a spa party for my 12th b-day party. I need ideas! Please help me! (07/17/2007)

By sam

Home Spa Birthday Party

http://www.spaindex.com

This is an awesome website for all those expensive spa treatments at inexpensive prices with spa quality treatments. Enjoy!
(07/31/2007)

By Unnamed

Home Spa Birthday Party

What a COOL IDEA! ... a spa party!... I have a few ideas: Why not have the ingredients for the girls to make their own NATURAL FACE MASKS... The recipes are on the internet. They can choose from many masks, like Strawberry, Avocado, Honey-Lemon, etc. As a small parting gift: Print out the recipes on pretty floral or matching paper.

--- They can then do their own face mask... & be sure to get some photo snapshots of them sitting around with all that goo on their faces!

--- They could do a foot treatment... Starting by making their own EXFOLIATING FOOT SCRUB, start with sugar (or salt) & add a dab of any type of oil (olive is fine).. for fun they could choose from one of 2 or 3 essential oils to make it smell nice. *** You will need to use care & ration out the essential oil. This stuff is strong! & If they have it there way... they might mix together ALL THREE SCENTS!... Yikes! Your house would smell WAAAYYY to strong for weeks! You can't go wrong with a light Vanilla scent... & as a second choice why not try Tangerine, Lemon or Peach... Don't give them more that 3 choices & make sure the scents "go" together & don't "clash".

--- Okay, Now they've made their own foot exfoliator. If it's nice weather, have them sit outside or on the back porch, get a rubber type square "dish pale" to soak their feet in after a friend exfoliates their feet. (If you have to stay inside... Go to the dollar store & but 3 or 4 plastic shower curtains for the floor)

--- When they are done scrubbing, & soaking their feet... Let them choose from 3, 4 or more nail polish colors to do their toenails. Be sure to have good lighting... Like the 40 watt "clip lights"... & be sure to use care so the girls won't burn themselves on the hot lamps.

--- I you want to narrow things down, make up a "menu" like they have at the real spas... They can choose from a "number one" face... or feet or hair...etc.

Now hair was my "thing" when I was a kid... How about some hot towels wrapped around their hair which has home recipes (on the internet) of super-conditioning hair masks.

--- Don't forget to cut slices of Cucumbers for the "Cucumber Eyes" like they show in the movies! & get some pictures for later! (08/01/2007)

By Cyinda