Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Inexpensive Toddler Toys

If you walk through any toy store you will quickly be overwhelmed by the variety and price of toddler toys. The good news is that there are many inexpensive toys for toddlers that will keep them entertained for hours. This is a guide about inexpensive toddler toys.

October 4, 2015 Flag

Felt Scraps for Toddler Play

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I make a lot of felt crafts and the other day my son found my pile of scraps. He wanted them so I gave him a few, and after awhile he returned for the whole pile. He uses them with his little bulldozer and other heavy equipment vehicles. As he plays with them we can work on learning his colors.

October 6, 2015 Flag

Pom Poms for Toddler Play

Toddlers seem naturally attracted to pom poms! Those fuzzy, colorful pom poms can be used for many things other than crafts. My son loves to use them with his toy dump trucks. He loads them up and dumps them out over and over again.

November 3, 2015 Flag

I found my toddler on the floor playing with a chip clip the other day. He was using it like a pair of tweezers, picking up small toys, and putting them into his trash truck. This is a simple activity that is great for their fine motor skills.

Pinching tools:

• tweezers
  • tongs
  • chip clip

Items to pick up:

• pom poms
  • small toys
  • crumpled balls of paper

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What a super idea! Even better, if you could get one of those long tongs that the rubbish collectors use and give it to a teenage son.....? No , perhaps not!! Ah well.

:-D

Marg from England.

May 4, 2016 Flag

Toddler Water Play Ideas

This is a guide about toddler water play ideas. Kids love to play in and with water.

September 10, 2010 Flag

Instead of buying expensive decorations for a toddler birthday party, put your child's crib mattress inside a small tent for a play area. For safety reasons, don't zip up the side door.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 4, 2009 Flag

We have a lot of toys for my 16 month old son. He's really rough on them, throwing them around and stepping on them. While we have bought a few toys brand new, we prefer to buy them used.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 15, 2004 Flag

This makes a cute gift for a toddler. By one 2 by 4 and cut into blocks. Sand and stain blocks. Fill a plastic dump truck with the blocks and wrap it in clear plastic.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 18, 2005 Flag

I recently became a stay-at-home mom of a 2 1/2-year old and a 5-month old. I'm looking for inexpensive things to do with them, especially things my 2-year-old can do with other kids.

We've already done things like a color and shape search at the store, but it's getting too cold to go to the park.

Camilla

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Several of our local malls now feature an indoor play area for the kids! You take their shoes off and let them run around and climb on these indoor playgrounds for free! There's usually other kids and parents there too, so your children are sure to meet new friends.

I cannot over-emphisize this: read to them. Read your tiny children poetry, even though you know they won't really understand it. Read them children's poetry that they will understand, and then teach them to read it themselves. Have them reading proficiently before they begin kindergarten. They will amaze you! I have a nephew who was studying his mom's medical encyclopedia before he started kindergarten, and he amazed his doctors too. They would render their diagnosis, and Corey would question it or affirm it based on his knowledge. He was five years old at the time.

Children are born with starving minds, and most of what they'll ever know will be learned before they're six years old. Take the time and talk with them, read to them, and give them a passion for knowledge. Teach them to read, and try to build within them a passion for reading. They WANT to learn and anything you can do to assist them will be with them for the rest of their lives. The big thing is, give them yourself. Give them your knowledge, and then direct them on a path to learn more than you'll ever know. And yes, you can.

Wow...what great ideas. Also, go to pbskids.org and disneychannel.com and you can print off coloring pages and worksheets that are fun for the kids. And they are free.

There are lots of indoor activities to do right in your home. You can play active games like Mother May I, Red Rover, roll a ball back and forth, do stretches and exercises together, active songs that require listening skills, Twister, jumping, treasure hunts, and more. If you had a covered patio available for play on wet days, that would work well. Children still need to get out, even if it is cold, above 30 degrees, if only for 10 minutes at a time. In our area, we have heated swimming pools, and a gymnasium just for kids to run and play and jump. Stay active!!

Check out www.meetup.com its a wonderful website with tons of parenting groups for every location. The group I belong to has a calendar cram packed with all sorts of get togethers that are usually free. You can find every kind of group possible. I highly recommend it!

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler ActivitiesAugust 16, 2013
Toddler Restaurant Kit
Making a Toddler Restaurant Kit
Spray Bottle for Toddler Play
Toddler Water Play Ideas
Toddler Brushing Hair
Styling a Toddler's Hair
Recycled Toys
Making Infant and Toddler Toys from Recycled Materials
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 17, 2017 at 12:17:52 PM on 10.0.1.245 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.