Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Ireland Frugal Travel Guide

Settled by Celtic tribes in the 4th century B.C. this beautiful country is known for its scenery, beaches, ancient monuments, castles, food, and more. This page has tips, photos and guides for traveling to Ireland.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

April 21, 2011 Flag

Tralee is a very pretty town in County Kerry, Ireland. This town hosts the annual international Rose of Tralee pageant. I came across this cottage right on the main street in town. It is so unusual with its thatched roof.

By Toni N.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

How truly beautiful. I thought places like this only existed in pictures. I would love to live in a house such as this.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

September 30, 2010 Flag

I was driving in the mountains one day and found this delightful place. It has now become one of my favourite places in Ireland. It's in the middle of nowhere. I've really realized how lovely my country is and makes me proud to be Irish.

By Louise

Lake in Ireland

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a beautiful picture! I would love to visit someday! Thanks for sharing pictures of your country with us!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 17, 2011 Flag

We had gone there to Fota, in County Cork, Ireland that rainy day recently with our Grandsons to view the wild animal park. The rain had cleared and that beautiful rainbow formed, and the giraffes continued foraging in the grass for a bit of food.

They contrasted so beautifully with the green grass, blue sky and the colors of the rainbow. We shall always remember seeing and enjoying the Giraffes of Ireland. What a surprise it was to see them there in beautiful Ireland.

By Bobby33

Giraffes of Ireland With Rainbow Behind Them

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Oh my goodness, this is such a neat shot! I love how the rainbow came out so clearly! Thank you so much for sharing this capture!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Lismore Castle Gardens

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Lismore Castle, the birthplace of Robert Boyle, the celebrated scientist whose name lives in "Boyle's Law" was also once the home of Sir Walter Raleigh. It is now the Irish residence of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire.

Fours Cats on the Outside of Window Sill

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

We had gone to family's farmhouse in Co. Cork Ireland for a recent visit and were sitting in one of their sitting rooms, when all of a sudden a family of cats jumped up on the outside window sill and peered in at us.

Barryscourt Castle in Ireland

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Barryscourt Castle is located in County Cork between Cork City and Youghal. It is huge, and it sits near the highway, looming tall in the green Irish landscape.

View of Ballynatray Estate from Across the Water

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

We had gone down that day to the edge of the Blackwater River, County Cork, Ireland, with our Grandsons to view the ruins of Temple Michael, a very old church.

Travel and Recreation Travel Guides EuropeFebruary 13, 2013
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Hong Kong, Victoria Harbour
Hong Kong Frugal Travel Guide
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 1:32:24 AM on 10.0.2.31 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.