Keeping Couch Cushions From Sliding

Sometimes loose cushions can move when you don't want them to. This guide is about keeping couch cushions from sliding.

Couch With Cushions
Filter Sort

Question: Keep Cushions from Sliding Off Sofa

By WILMA 1

How do I keep my couch cushion from sliding? It came with Velcro strips, but it still slides.

By Wilma from OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

If possible, try Velcro on the underside of the cushions. You can buy sticky velcro, and it shouldn't show once installed.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jane 9 19 Flag

There are rubber type shelf liners you can find anywhere from your local dollar store to Target to Home Depot. In the past, I've cut them up and placed them between the couch and couch cushions and wallah, no more problems. I'd go with the thicker liners over the thinner ones as they hold better. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Stopping My Couch Cushions From Sliding

By hry420 1

I love this couch and it folds out into a fantastic guest bed. I tried every trick in the book to prevent the couch cushions from slipping; rubber matting, velcro, etc., but nothing worked. This is my solution. It may not look the best but it works perfect.

The two loops of fishing rope are tied to the couch frame under the cushions at the back and keep the curtain pole in place! :) Of course you could use a darker pole and rope to match I just used what i had lying about.

While I'm here, I would just like to add that I machine wash and air dry my leather cushions with no problem.

Stopping My Couch Cushions From Sliding
    Stopping My Couch Cushions From Sliding

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Grip Liner for Sliding Couch Cushions

By jen jesse 1

This is a rubber/non adhesive grip liner. It's found at any hardware store with the contact paper. It worked wonders for our brand new slippery couch cushions. It won't damage furniture. Just roll it out on the base of sofa and replace cushions. Problem solved. We used 16 inch width.

Non adhesive grip liner.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Keeping Couch Cushions from Sliding

By Jennifer 1

I have a couch and love seat with cushions that slide forward when we sit on them. I've tried bed sheets, foam sheets as well as non slip rubber pantry liners. They all roll up instead of keeping cushions in place.

Jennifer from Snellville, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By crista.boothe 1 Flag

After reading the comments from others on the slipping couch cushions. I had some spare rubber place mats that I found to use under the cushions. Thanks for the information. Hopefully it works..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Couch Cushions Keep Moving

I have a couch that has six cushions, 3 for the back and 3 for the seat. Every time you sit they move! How can I secure them?

Sheri from Harrisburg, PA

Answers:

RE: Couch Cushions Keep Moving

Try the no slip padding that you can buy to put under throw rugs so they won't slip on floors. (07/31/2007)

By jean

RE: Couch Cushions Keep Moving

I had this problem with my dining room chairs until a friend suggested to be to get some under pads that are sold with throw rugs to keep them from slipping. I cut the rug sized pieces of rubber into cushion-sized pieces and it works very well to hold the cushions in place. (08/01/2007)

By Stella

RE: Couch Cushions Keep Moving

Use Velcro. One or two strips of hook side on the couch itself, and one or two strips of loop side on the cushion. Can be hot glued on or use a stitch or two with an upholstery needle. (08/02/2007)

By Stacey

Archive: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

I have a sofa and love seat that the cushions slide off of whenever someone sits on it. Then I have to lift the pillowtop back to slide the cushions up under it and back into place. This becomes very upsetting when it has to be done so often. Any solutions?

Thanks,
      Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Feedback:

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

If possible, try Velcro on the underside of the cushions. You can buy sticky Velcro, and it shouldn't show once installed. (06/09/2006)

By Jess

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

I had this problem too and found rubber rolled mats at the dollar store, they are used to keep things from sliding in the cabinets, but I found they work great to keep the cushions from sliding. (06/09/2006)

By Terry R

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

You can also use thin sheets of foam rubber. I use this to keep my top mattress on the box springs. Works like a charm.
      (06/10/2006)

By Ellen

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

The cushions of my leather sofa slip-slide, too. I tried bathtub decals that keep you from slipping in the bathtub. It did "not" work. (06/10/2006)

By Cheryl from MO

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

I agree with the duck Contact paper (it is thick and washable) that you use to line cabinets/drawers. I even use it on the top of my fridge and the tank of my toilets. I had one under the keyboard of the computer for awhile, but my baby took off with it too many times. (06/10/2006)

By camo_angels

Archive: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

Where can I find rubber foam matting to prevent cushions from slipping off a leather sofa?

By Shama

Feedback:

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

Not sure about what kind of rubber foam you are looking for, but an upholstery shop would be able to help. If you cushions are not reversible you could attach Velcro to the bottom of the cushions and the bed of the couch perhaps. Good luck. (04/12/2010)

By latrtatr

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

You might try placing the mesh looking rubbery shelving liner made by Rubber-Maid under the cushions. You can often find it on sale. I have used it to keep a cotton rag rug from slipping so much on a linoleum floor and it worked for that. Try buying just one roll to start with and if it doesn't work you can always use it for shelving or drawer liners ;-) (04/13/2010)

By Deeli

RE: Cushions Slide Off Sofa

Try an outdoor/camping supply place like Academy Sports ( Or Sports Academy Not sure but seen them there once)they used to have all kinds of foam mats to use while camping and such. Hope this helps (04/13/2010)

By laura343

Archive: Keep Cushions from Sliding Off Sofa

Use 20 inch wide rubbery shelf liners under cushions to keep them from moving on furniture.

Source: A friend.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairNovember 27, 2012
      ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
      Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
      Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
      Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
      Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
      Upholstered couch with soft cushions.
      Making Couch Cushions Firmer
      Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
      Cleaning Cushions
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 8:32:12 AM on 10.0.2.231 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
      NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
      Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
      BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
      CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings