Keeping Fleas off Dogs

Hello I am looking for a helpful hint on how to eradicate fleas on my dogs who play outside, but sleep indoors. Thanks and peace.

Answers:

Keeping Fleas off Dogs

Avon's Skin So Soft works well on animals. I used SSS and an over the counter flea shampoo on my dog and it worked well. It's been a while since I had a dog so, I don't remember the name of the shampoo. We also had to buy a flea bomb (sold at the grocery store, Home Depot, Walmart, etc.) for the inside of the house, because the flea eggs get in the carpet. I'd also get a spray or granules to spread on your lawn to kill the fleas. Otherwise, the fleas will continue to be a problem. (07/29/2003)

By dajfamily

Keeping Fleas off Dogs

This month's Mother Earth News had a tip about spreading lime on your lawn for flea control. It will change the pH of your soil so be very careful if your soil is alkaline. It's a pesticide free way to keep the fleas down.

Susan (07/31/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Keeping Fleas off Dogs

I would not bath an animal in boric acid or Borateen, but if you sprinkle these on your rug, especially in corners, it is supposed to get rid of both fleas and the eggs for as long as it remains in the area. I would vacuum up the rugs in a few days and maybe reapply the following week if it looks as though some eggs may have hatched. I hate using chemicals on my cat. I put a flea collar on him only during the day, when he is out. It is not 100% effective, so I use the Borateen (cheaper than borax) as a backup. Borax will get rid of many types of bugs. (08/02/2003)

By goldengrain

Keeping Fleas off Dogs
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄