Ammonia to Kill Fleas

I use ammonia to get rid of fleas. I close the window and then pour it on the carpet and anywhere your dogs lay. Take your dogs and cats out of the house for at least 4 hours. When you come back in, open all windows. There should be no more fleas. Just run the vacuum all through the house and give your dog or cat a flea bath.

When I do this, I don't get fleas back in my house for a good year.

I never thought of using ammonia, I'll have to give this a try!

I've been known to 'mop' a bleach and water or a vinegar and water solution onto the carpets to kill off a heavy infestation (works a treat!). I don't like using commercial pesticides but sometimes those are the only application that are successful, too.

Fleas are such determined little beggers! Every time we moved into a new home the first thing I did before bringing in a single box of our things was the bleach or vinegar mopping!

The previous owners may have sworn they never had pets or fleas but sand fleas hitch a ride in on trouser legs. Between feeding on you and laying eggs in the carpeting and upholstery, they can cause a huge infestation.

You pour ammonia on carpet or spray on carpet

How do you mop the carpet

I have been fighting this disgusting traumatic flea problem for about 2 months. It was soo bad I had to get rid of my cats :(
I've been trying EVERYTHING & Nothing seems to work! Spend alot of $$ on flea bombs etc. & still they are taking over my household! I am a very clean person so I dont understand why they are still here. I dont know what else to do. PLEASE SOMEONE WHAT WORKS & WORKED FOR YOU??? I havent tried ammonia but will be doing that in the early Am. I HATE FLEAS they have made me hate every bug on earth I want them All DEAD!!

Anonymous

I had flees I live Oklahoma out in the country I have alot of animals tried all kinds of stuff to kill them then a lady told me how to get rid of them cheap I got a gallon icecream lid put a little bit of water in it with dawn dish soap an out a light over it at night I was shocked the first couple of nights of how many there was but every night there was fewer an fewer until there was very small ones then none it works an sabes alot of money

I had flees I live Oklahoma out in the country I have alot of animals tried all kinds of stuff to kill them then a lady told me how to get rid of them cheap I got a gallon icecream lid put a little bit of water in it with dawn dish soap an out a light over it at night I was shocked the first couple of nights of how many there was but every night there was fewer an fewer until there was very small ones then none it works an saves alot of money

I tried ammonia out of desperation. The fleas were eating my legs up. After spraying the carpet with ammonia the flea bites stopped. It's best to put pets outside, spray carpeted areas and leave. I also put ammonia in my carpet cleaner.

Can I use this on my mattress and dogs bed. If so how much do I use . Will it kill dog fleas?