Keeping Squirrels Out of an RV

Squirrels like to nest in the engine compartments of parked vehicles as well as seek a warm refuge inside your RV if they can find access. This is a guide about keeping squirrels out of an RV.

A squirrel rubbing its paws together.

March 14, 2011 Flag

What is a good way to keep squirrels and other pests out of our motorhome that is parked?

By Norma from Bethlehem, GA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Close up all openings. However, if you are talking about the engine compartment there is no way to enclose the bottom of the engine. My suggest is to buy a Havahart live trap from the local hardware store, trap the critters and release them about 10 miles away. You won't get rid of them completely, but you can control the population.

Best Answer

Try Fresh Cab. Works for about 3 months and has no poison. I know it works for rodents I'm not sure if it's labeled for squirrels. Check with the company to make sure.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try this. I don't think they come up in the engine, more towards the back.

Maybe mothballs would keep them out where you don't want them. We used them in a cabin in Michigan to keep the mice out.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Pest Control Squirrels and ChipmunksJuly 21, 2013
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrels outside.
Keeping Squirrels From Chewing on a House
Black Walnut Tree
Keeping Squirrels Off Of Walnut Trees
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 10:25:53 AM on 10.0.0.129 in 911 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.