Label Reusable Containers With Dry Erase Markers

I buy most of my dry goods in bulk and store them in the pantry in re-used glass or plastic containers. Rather than labeling the containers with tape which sometimes leaves the sticky residue, I use erasable markers (vis-a-vis), the kind that wipe off with water. We use the same markers on the wipe-off calendar to keep up with the family schedule.

I write on the side of the container what it is, and the basic directions, and the date. Several items appear the same, and the kids can easily tell the difference now between flour and pancake mix. The marker will smudge if handled with wet hands, but when that happens I just re-write it.

By jwheeler from Stockton, IA

Do you have an MSDS sheet on the Dry Erase Markers? (05/04/2010)

By Carol L.

What a great idea! I had often wanted to label my containers but didn't want to use permanent marker as the next time I used a certain container, it might have different items in in it. Thanks for this tip! (05/04/2010)

By LisaE2

Wet Erase Marker
Removing Wet Erase Marker Stains
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
birthday countdown tile
Making a Dry Erase Count Down Tile