Latex Paint Spilled on Blue Jeans

My husband spilled some latex paint and it got on my blue jeans. i soaked them in cold water, I blotted. i tried stain remover. I am keeping them wet because I know heat can set the stain more. I'm letting them air dry. I did everything I knew to do, can you help me?

Sweethoney

Answers:

Goof Off

Latex paint will come out with soap and warm water. If it is dry, you can get it out with GOOF OFF , then wash with soap and water until it is clean, do not dry in dryer until it is gone. That will set it in for good.
Jill

Post by ScotFinn

Stiff Scrubbing Brush

Did you scrub them? Just get a stiff scrubbing brush, any detergent/soap and scrub and rinse until gone.

Regards

Jo

Post by Jo Bodey

Rubbing Alcohol

I know this is strange, but my daughter did this to her favorite pair of jeans and she got the paint out with rubbing alcohol. We tried all the above and none worked. I let my daughter work on a pair of my jeans and it worked and didn't do any damage to the jeans. That's how we learn by trying new things.
Good luck,
Wanda

Post by Wanda (Guest Post)

Rubbing Alcohol

I used the rubbing alcohol and the paint came out great. It was a pair of newer jeans. Thanks so much!!

Post by Kelly (Guest Post)

Fixing a Bleached Spot

I have tried this before & it works. I had a white bleach spot on a pair of my blue jeans. I got an blue ink pen & filled in the spot. You couldn't even tell it was ever there. I guess it makes sense that the ink would stay there, since it ALWAYS does, when we DON'T want it to. (lol) I think it would probably work on covering up your paint spot, too.

Post by FrugalFriend

Rubbing Alcohol Worked for Me

I read this after moving a paint can before all the drips were dry and getting latex all over my favorite nylon shorts. Tried the rubbing alcohol. VOILA! Like magic they spots came out. Now I'm trying it on a t-shirt I thought I ruined by painting in it, not as easy... stain is set; I'm saturating it in the rubbing alcohol and letting it sit. If it works, I'll report back. Thanks for the tip it saved me having to replace my shorts!

Post by Suezq (Guest Post)

I helped my boyfriend paint his room and before I knew it I had stained my newest and favorite pair of jeans. I was devastated and even considered cutting them and making them capris but your advice really helped, it completely came off. Thanks a million, you saved my jeans.

<p>By didi.</p>

Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
couple painting
How Can You Tell if Paint is Oil or Latex?
Latex Paint
Applying Latex Paint Over Oil Paint
🎄