Lawn Mower Carburetor Leaks Gas

My lawn mower is Craftsman 2 in one, Mulcher/Bagger, 3.5HP 20 Inch Cut. Model #: 917-383270 S/N: 068726.

I cleaned the carburetor and reassembled it. Then the mower started and I let it run for about 10 minutes. But after I stopped it, I found a lot gas flowed out from the air filter area. I guess the reason is that I did not reassemble the float and needle correctly. I don't know how to make it good. I need help. Thanks.

Jerry

Answers:

Lawn Mower Carburetor Leaks Gas

You had a bad gasket or did not reassemble correctly.

For one make sure it had a new carburetor kit and made sure the two halves went together precisely. Remember to tighten the screws not individually, but slowly around like a diagonal way until all are secure, slowly. Give each screw time. Sounds silly, but it works.

If you did all of the above your needle is probably sticking. If its a new carburetor kit and you did all of the above tap on it hard with a big screw-driver. If a new kit, re-do the above if not get a new kit. If just cleaning remember the tightening procedure.

If it's a lot of fuel the needle is sticking to the seat. Buy a new one for 15 bucks. Try the above first.

A little time goes a long way.

BeeCee (04/24/2008)

By beecee

Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
A man winterizing his lawnmower.
Winterizing a Gas-Powered Lawn Mower
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 1:10:47 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.