Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor

Category Lawn Mowers
A common cause of a lawn mower not starting lies with the carburetor. This is a guide about repairing a lawn mower carburetor.

Carburetor gas leaks are usually the result of a faulty fuel float or the needle and seat not working properly. This is a guide about troubleshooting and repairing lawn mower carburetor leaks gas.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

If your lawn mower carburetor is not getting gas the fuel line may be clogged. This is a guide about lawn mower carburetor not getting gas.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a 2003 (going by the ser #070303A001657) Sears 13.5 lawn tractor. I think it needs a kit put in the carb. It floods after a minute, or so, and fuel shoots out of the carb. Can someone tell me how to know which carb is on my B/S engine? I would like to have the kit before I take off the carb.

Thanks.

Answers

I would follow the easy to understand instructions in this guide. The guide is easy to follow and gives you all the information you need to do this job.
http://www.sear  -lawn-mower.html

From the Briggs and Stratton website:this is not your engine but they give a number to call at the end.

Hello, there are four different carburetor possibilities for engine model 126T02-0709-E1. If your current carburetor has a primer system, then your carburetor part number is 799868. If your carburetor has a choke system, then it's part number 799869. If your carburetor uses an auto-choke system, you'll want to get the code number located directly after model 126T02-0709-E1. The first six digits of the number will be in the format of year, month, day. If your code is before 070206 and is an auto-choke carburetor, your part number is 799871. If your code is after 07020700 and is an auto-choke carburetor, your part number is 799866. If you need additional assistance please contact our customer support center at 800-743-4115.

My lawn tractor has a Kohler engine. When it is shut off gas will flow into the carburetor and fill it up with gas. I can hear the click on the carburetor when I turn the key off and on. What is causing this problem? Thank you.

By Bruce from Marion,IN

Answers

First see if there is a fuel shutoff valve, if so then turn it off after you stop. If not then the cap is likely plugged and new gas cap may fix it, as with all gas engine the gas cap has a breather hole and it may be plugged causing the pressure to push the gas into the carburator. I would also replace the spark plug while yopur at it. I hope this helps, God bless you

Cut the gas line in the middle, and install a fuel shut off.

I have a carburetor for a Craftsman push mower. Gas is not going through the carburetor, the prime bulb seems not to be working. Is the carburetor clogged up?

Rickey from Gastiona, NC

Answers

Hi!
What's the make & model number, year of birth?
Carb cleaning is pretty easy, don't worry.

I have a Craftman 16.5 turbo cooled rider. When I start the engine gas shoots out of the carb filter area. What could cause that?

By Eve K