Replacing the Carburetor on a Sears Lawn Tractor

I have a 2003 (going by the ser #070303A001657) Sears 13.5 lawn tractor. I think it needs a kit put in the carb. It floods after a minute, or so, and fuel shoots out of the carb. Can someone tell me how to know which carb is on my B/S engine? I would like to have the kit before I take off the carb.

Thanks.

I would follow the easy to understand instructions in this guide. The guide is easy to follow and gives you all the information you need to do this job.
www.searspartsdirect.com/.../how-to-replace-a-carburetor-in-a...

From the Briggs and Stratton website:this is not your engine but they give a number to call at the end.

Hello, there are four different carburetor possibilities for engine model 126T02-0709-E1. If your current carburetor has a primer system, then your carburetor part number is 799868. If your carburetor has a choke system, then it's part number 799869. If your carburetor uses an auto-choke system, you'll want to get the code number located directly after model 126T02-0709-E1.

The first six digits of the number will be in the format of year, month, day. If your code is before 070206 and is an auto-choke carburetor, your part number is 799871. If your code is after 07020700 and is an auto-choke carburetor, your part number is 799866. If you need additional assistance please contact our customer support center at 800-743-4115.