Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower

How do I find someone who can fix a Troy-Bilt riding lawn mower? I need new blades, belts, and a tire replaced. That's all. I need someone who is honest and that I can trust.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

You could probably find a trustful repair shop at your local tractor store (if they sell Troy-Bilt and you want only genuine replacement parts).

I'm sure Troy-Bilt has authorized repair shops in your area.

It is not ethical to recommend personal or private repair shops as these can have differences of opinion as to the quality/honesty of that particular shop.
But; whoever you choose, be sure to search for any negative comments on their site as well as general comments.

Specify what repairs/parts you want replaced/fixed and request them to save old parts for you (not tires).
Just be sure to get a written estimate (check space where it says how much they can go over the amount on the form and change or cancel). Also ask for a specified date of finished work/pick-up.

Answer this Question

23 More Questions

I have a Troy-Bilt riding mower that I can't start. I have a new battery and have checked all the safety switches, but I can't get it to crank over. My question is where do I go next?

Answers

I would check the spark plugs, the fuel lines and the carburetor

Their website has a live chat. www.troybilt.com/.../ownercenter

I am one to go to the horse's mouth so to speak and don't monkey around will nilly because I make things worse.

If you are handy, hopefully they can get you to their troubleshooting protocols and right to the issue!

Let us know what you learn!!

Anonymous

Its a Troy. They are not good mowers!

I was mowiing when the mower shut down.Troy Bilt Ryder 17.5 engine.I have I have replaced spark plug & cleaned the carburator new gas new air filter and still want start. I beginning to think it's junk

Anonymous

Had my trot since 2003never a problem just have backfire now probably easy fix love my troy

I hit a rock that stalled the motor. It won't restart. It's totally dead. There is no electrical power to the starter.

Answers

Please check these things:

1. If you've hit a rock there is something jammed in the blades of the mower. It needs to be removed and see if your blades can turn freely.
  2. Normally there is a cut off switch on the mower when something like this happens. Find the switch and reset the switch.
  3. Try checking under the mower and in the engine if there is any debris from the rock that you hit that might block the motor or blades from moving freely.
  4. If none of this work, please ask one of the many experts about mowers here: www.mytractorforum.com/.../59397-anybody-into-old-reel-mowers...
Answer this Question

My mower won't go forward or backward. The engine runs and the blade turns, but it won't go forward or back when shifting. It quit while I was cutting the grass. Could it be a belt issue?

My Troy-Bilt lawn mower just stop running. The battery is good.

Answers

Check spark plug,filter,carburetor!

Why would a CVT Troy-bilt lawn mower with a 7 speed control lever not have any change in speed when the lever is shifted? The lawn mower is 15.5 hp motor and is only 3 years old.

Answers

The assembly lever may need to be replaced. If you are handy, you can do it yourself. Here is a YouTube m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVlcInjExA video

Answer this Question

I am trying to replace the belt on my Troy-Bilt 42" riding mower, and I don't know how to get it past bar that is apparently in place to prevent the belt from slipping off.

The deck engagement cable breaks every time one is installed.

Thanks for answering the questions here instead of just referring people to a repair shop like the Briggs and Stratton answer person does. Short version: I inherited a Troy-Bilt riding mower (18.5 HP I/C). It needed a jump from my car. The parking brake/clutch was set. The choke was on. TPO set and the seat was down. I turned the key and the whole deck "bumps" once like it's in gear. It really bumps hard, too. Then nothing. I turn the key off and try again and it bumps once; then nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, where is the cut off switch you mentioned in another answer to the guy that hit a rock in the ground and the mower wouldn't start back up? You told him to reset the cut off switch, but I don't know where to find it on my mower. The model is # 13AO77TG766.

Thanks.

I was mowing yesterday, disengaged the blade, tried to back up and it kept trying to cut off on me. I ended up just cutting it off and now it will not start. The battery is fine and the belt is fine.

I tried pushing the lever up and down a few times possibly thinking maybe the blade wasn't fully disengaged, but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Answers

You might have blown a fuse. Other reasons are here www.hunker.com/.../how-to-troubleshoot-a-troy-bilt-riding...

Is it possible you have mouse or critter nest (or remnants) that are in the undercarriage? Sometimes they gum up the works and the machine cuts out. They also may have chewed wires and you are experiencing it shorting out...works when the wires touch, cuts when they don't.

Answer this Question

My TB30R is 3 years old and up to now has run perfectly. The last time I cut grass, on level ground, it kept jumping up to the next higher gear. Any ideas? Everything else works just fine.

Answers

There is a nut that will line up with the bracket and allow you to shift gears. Yours may need an adjustment. There is an article that says how here. www.justanswer.com/.../3tgfp-troy-bilt-pony-seems-jump-gear...

You may want to chat with or call their customer service owners center at: www.troybilt.com/.../ownercenter

They are the experts and can give you the best and safest answer! Learn from my mistakes and don't monkey around with expensive stuff and crowd sourced info! You end up making a big mess sometimes and costing yourself more money than if you had just talked to an expert first!

Wishing you happy mowing!!

Answer this Question

My Troy-Bilt riding mower won't start. There is just a clicking noise. So I replaced the starter solenoid and still have the same problem.

The lever to engage the blade on my Troy Pony riding mower doesn't work.

Answers

You may need to replace the blade clutch cable. Instructions are here www.searspartsdirect.com/.../how-to-replace-a-blade-clutch-cable...

Answer this Question

I have a Troybilt zero turn mower. When I back up and then go forward again my blades have now just started this where they either take a very long time to engage or not at all. They engage just fine if I am only going forward. Any ideas?

Answers

It sounds like a transmission issue to me. You probably will need servicing.

Answer this Question

My Troy Bilt Pony won't run unless I hold my hand over the intake where the air filter is. Please help.

Answers

You are getting too much air into the mower, which is why you need to put your hand over the air filter. Check the carburetor.

Answer this Question

After hitting a metal pipe in the ground with my mower the motor cuts off when engaging the blade and steering is difficult.

Answers

You will have to take the mower apart and see which part got bent out of shape. That is what is preventing your mower from working.

Answer this Question
Load More
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersApril 26, 2014
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Troy-Bilt-Riding-Lawn-Mower.html