Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower

Category Lawn Mowers
Many lawn mower repairs can be done by the homeowner. Diagnosing the problem will help you decide when your mower needs professional help. This is a guide about repairing a Troy-Bilt riding lawn mower.

I hit a rock that stalled the motor. It won't restart. It's totally dead. There is no electrical power to the starter.

Answers

Please check these things:

1. If you've hit a rock there is something jammed in the blades of the mower. It needs to be removed and see if your blades can turn freely.
  2. Normally there is a cut off switch on the mower when something like this happens. Find the switch and reset the switch.
  3. Try checking under the mower and in the engine if there is any debris from the rock that you hit that might block the motor or blades from moving freely.
  4. If none of this work, please ask one of the many experts about mowers here: http://www.mytr  reel-mowers.html

I used my Troy-Bilt riding mower to cut the grass and mulch some leaves that covered most of the lawn today. I tried to keep debris off the top of the mower deck as well as I could, but lo and behold, there was plenty that had gathered there by the time I took a break and blew the mower off with my leaf blower. When I tried to start the mower again, all I get is some clicking.

Any suggestions as to what to check to get this mower running again? Thank you!

Answers

Here are a few things you can check:

• Clicking normally means that you aren't getting a contact from the battery and spark plugs to start the engine.
  • Check you battery and make sure it is fully charged.
  • Check the spark plugs and make sure they don't need replacing.
  • Clean out the carburetor and make sure there is no debris in the there.

I have a 2008 Pony Troy-Bilt riding lawn mower. I have changed the oil, air filter, and spark plug. It ran and sputtered and then died. Now it will not start. What can it be?

Answers

Check the gas line filter.

How do I assemble the deck belt and springs on a Troy Built riding lawn mower?

By JB from Altha, FL

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower model 1842. It runs full speed, but when I try to engage pto engine starts to pop and roll blue smoke.

By Steve from Lugoff, SC

I have a Troy-bilt riding lawnmower. For some reason the starter overheated and melted the green wire. Now the mower will not start. Do I need to replace my starter?

By Javier from Fort Myers, FL