Troy Bilt Riding Mower Won't Start

I was mowing yesterday, disengaged the blade, tried to back up and it kept trying to cut off on me. I ended up just cutting it off and now it will not start. The battery is fine and the belt is fine. I tried pushing the lever up and down a few times possibly thinking maybe the blade wasn't fully disengaged, but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

You might have blown a fuse. Other reasons are here www.hunker.com/.../how-to-troubleshoot-a-troy-bilt-riding...

Is it possible you have mouse or critter nest (or remnants) that are in the undercarriage? Sometimes they gum up the works and the machine cuts out. They also may have chewed wires and you are experiencing it shorting out...works when the wires touch, cuts when they don't.