Craftsman LT 1000 Riding Mower Won't Start

Category Lawn Mowers
Determining the reason your riding mower won't start is the first step towards making the necessary repairs. This is a guide about Craftsman LT 1000 riding mower won't start.

I just finished cutting my lawn and the mower shut off and will not restart. I turn the key and nothing happens, not even a click. I haven't any idea what to do next. Anyone out there with any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

Clean the negative post and clip on your battery.

I have a Craftsmen rider Lt 1000. My problem is I charge my rider and it starts and when I shut it off I have to charge it again. I have to do this every time. What causes this?

Answers

Your alternator or voltage regulator may need replacing.

Have you tried replacing the battery? Something is draining it (if it isn't a faulty battery) Does it have any accessories that are one? (my husquava has a phone charger and headlights that sometimes I leave on accidentally)

I have a Craftsman lt1000 lawn tractor. I was having a hard time starting it. The battery was dead sometimes so we replaced the battery and it was working great for almost 10 times of starting it. I tried starting it today and there's nothing, not even clicking. I tried jumping it and still nothing. Does anyone know what it could be or where I should start to troubleshoot it? Thanks.

Answers

There could be several reasons this won't start:

• The starter is damaged
  • Carburetor is blocked and or clogged
  • You could have an issue with the coils
  • You have another problem with your battery and it is draining too fast when you're using the mower.

You need to start with the coils and see if you can get a spark when you take the coils off and touch them with a screwdriver. If not you'll need to start to replace the coils, spark plugs, air filter and do some cleaning and maintenance on the mower.

Your first step is to replace the starter.

I have a Craftsman LT1000 that won't turn over. I've checked the battery, it is showing 12 volts. I changed the switch and the solenoid, it made two clicks and then nothing.

By David

Answers

Check out the valve Clearance, this engine have the tendency to need an adjustment from time to time.It happens to my LT 1500 with the 17.5 engine.

Anonymous

what is a valve clearance and is it located

My Craftsman lsx1000, 31 hp mower will run good, but will not start unless I turn the flywheel. What is wrong?

By Melissa from Crab Orchard, KY

Answers

Sounds like the flywheel or the teeth to the started might be missing sum teeth.

I have a Craftsman LT1000 and it will turn over, but never starts. It sounds like there is no compression. There is oil is in the cylinder. Could my piston rings be bad?

By jammer1 from Franklinville, NJ

Answers

Had old lawnmower that would not start. Went to Oreillys auto and purchased start my engine under $7 dollars. Poured half in, it started and runs fine. It was a back up mower attempted to start it for the last 3 years it's a Toro so I did not want to throw it away. Main lawnmower ran with a shake so poured the other half in it, mower runs smooth. Might not work for you, but is not expensive little work (do not have to remove old gas) and cheaper than paying someone to look at first. Good luck.