Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

My hair is naturally light brown. I want it to be blonde, but I really do not want to use hair bleach or hair color. This summer I tried sitting in the sun for 30 minutes with the juice of a lemon and a spoonful of water combed into my hair.

This did do some lightening and added a few streaks of golden brown, but I was wondering if there is any way you can get lemon juice to work better, so that I could get dark blonde hair all over? Thank you.

By Cara from Firefield

Answers:

Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

Hi! I have used a (roughly) 50/50 mix of lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide to spray on my hair. Seems to work better if I go out in the sun, but works without it anyway. It did a nice job, just not a quick, extreme change, more like subtle and gradual, but it worked nicely. Oh, I also did that for a couple of days that I didn't need to shampoo right away, then put coconut oil in my hair to condition over the spray, then shampooed it out. Very soft, shiny hair! Also, make sure and refrigerate the spray if you don't use it up right away. Good luck! (11/07/2009)

By Gina J.

Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

I personally use a large bottle of peroxide mixed with water half and half (50% peroxide and 50% water) and no lemon. You can apply it to your hair while it is dry or right after you shampoo it and let "makeup lights" or the sun dry your hair. This I know will work and it will look natural (or so mine does at 55 years old). Good luck! And let us know how you turn out. (11/07/2009)

By Paula Jo Carr

Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄