Cleaning With Lemon Juice

Category Products
Lemon juice is a great cleaning agent, not only is it environmentally friendly but it also works. Lemon juice can remove stains, whiten clothing and also cleans brass and copper. This is a guide about cleaning with lemon juice.

I clean a lot with vinegar because bleach is harsh on your family and pets. I wanted something more so I added lemon to the vinegar in a spray bottle. I use it on almost everything including walls and furniture. I put lemon, vinegar, and fabric softener into a spray bottle for my couches and furniture. It is like a cheaper version of Febreze. I also use it to clean pots and pans along with salt. You can also add lemon to the wash.

After I have squeezed a lemon for a recipe, I take the two lemon halves and rub them on the countertop to clean all the stains off it. I then throw the lemon halves into the garbage disposal and turn it on to have a sweet smelling and clean counter and garbage disposal.

By Sue from Norman, OK

I have a lemon tree with many lemons. Can I clean a bathtub safely with lemon juice and baking soda? Any other uses for the lemons? Thank you.

By Pamela from Sun Lakes, AZ

Answers

I would think that of anything to clean with, lemon juice and baking soda would not harm the surface. You could try a tiny dab on a spot, then wipe off to see what happens, before going all out with major cleaning.

Here's an interesting site: http://www.gome  r-Lemonade.52005

Lucky, lucky you. When I worked in a restaurant we cleaned our glass coffee pots with lemon slices, salt and ice cubes, just sloshed around.

Can clean copper with 1/2 lemon and salt. Left over lemon slices in garbage disposal. Lemon halves on rust stains on enamel. Lemon and baking soda where baking soda is barely damp to clean any dried on grease [stove rings after grandson cooks] or any surface I think.

There's a show called How Clean Is Your House? by BBC America, which uses lemon a lot, for various things.

Anything using vinegar could probably use lemon. Rinsing hair after shampoo and letting dry with lemon on it in a sunny area will give blond highlights.

You can slice your lemons and salt them down in a jar, and keep lidded in fridge for cooking [roast chicken/salmon/shrimp, and so on]. Rinse lightly and place on chicken breasts or whatever. You could make lemon marmalade and give for gifts. I love lemons.

I like to make fruit smoothies with spinach or other green vegetable added. Whenever I add so much greens that the taste isn't what I want, I add half a lemon and the green taste is gone. Lucky you, I echo the previous post, lucky you!

Thank you so much for your input on cleaning stuff with lemon juice/baking soda-lemon juice does smell better than than vinegar. If I may-does anyone know how to clean the bathtub faucet/showerhead/drain from the white calcium?buildup and any non fume ways to clean the bathtub?Thank you much-Pamela

Oh, oh lucky you. I would love to have a lemon tree. I drink lemon water all day and every day. Send a box or 2 my way. Lol. I hope you find the info your looking for. Good luck!

If you boil something in lemon juice does it work to get rid of mold and mildew? Is that true? Also, can you take lemon juice in a spray bottle and a hair dryer to the canvas of a pop up camper to get rid of the mold and mildew? i need tips on how to get rid of it quickly so i can sell the pop-up. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Nena from Bradford, AR

Answers

You know, one of my favorite shows is "How Clean Is Your House?" Though it ends up like a commercial sometimes! They took a laboratory sample of dust on a ceiling fan (never cleaned of course) and it came back positive with penicillin mold, which can lead to lung cancer from inhaling! They suggested the lemon juice spray, I believe it was 1:1 warm/hot water and lemon. And you know, it is great for sore throats (bacterial) so I would boil and cool down the water to add to lemon and test it, your spray bottle could explode if it is too hot!

Kelly

Hi When I was a carnival worker we had a large canvas top that went on our hotdog stand. One week after tearing it down in the rain and putting it in the truck wet it got mildew from setting 3 days wet and folded, my boss had me rub all the mildew with fresh lemons cut in half, then wash the tarp with car wash soap and water, rinse really well. I worked for them for 6 years and continued to use the same canvas top there was never no fading or anything. Hope this can work for you. Good Luck

Cinnamon oil. The stuff is expensive, but powerful. If you can figure out a way to spray a thin layer on the canvas, it will totally destroy any mold and leave everything smelling strongly of cinnamon.

A friend gave me a bottle of lemon juice that was outdated. I used it for a cleaner the same way I use vinegar, but it smells better. It makes a good rinsing agent in the washing machine to get out excess soap (put it in the softener cup). It also can be used in the dishwasher instead of dish soap for one of the cycles. I didn't try it on windows, but it should work as well as vinegar.

By Lynn

Answers:

Cleaning With Lemon Juice

I put lemon juice in the sink with my cutting board that was stained and now it is not stained. (07/07/2006)

By Trudy

Cleaning With Lemon Juice

I used lemon juice and water to mop the floors (old wood with no varnish left on them). With kids and unvarnished floors they get really stained, really fast. I tried everything to get them pretty again. One day I found a bottle of outdated lemon juice and decided to use it to mop as more of a freshening agent, but to my surprise my house not only smelled wonderful, my ugly wood floors were pretty again. (09/04/2006)

By Jennifer

Cleaning With Lemon Juice

The only show worth watching on Lifetime, is "How Clean Is Your House?" The ladies tested the dust off of a ceiling fan and it was positive for penicillin spores, which can cause lung cancer if breathed in over long periods of time, and they recommended cleaning it off with an old sock and lemon juice. The lemon kills the microbes/spores, so I do that at least once a month now. (09/04/2006)

By camo_angels

Cleaning With Lemon Juice

I used it to clean a permanent marker stain. And it worked the best. I was out of Shout, 409, and hairspray. (04/01/2008)

By Sabrina Carrie

Cleaning Plants With Lemon Juice

We are Dutch Lily growers established in Spain. Our Lilies were very dusty and with a lot of clay on the foliage. We sprayed with Lemon acid (granulate) and after only one treatment, the foliage was clean and shiny as a new car. (12/15/2008)

By Eric H.

Cleaning With Lemon Juice

I use lemon juice on my stainless pots, pans, and my stainless steel sink. It makes it shine like new. You can add salt to the lemon juice for stubborn stains and it will not scratch. Baking soda is also good for stainless steel sinks and brass bottom pots, too. (03/05/2009)

By gbk