Make Fencing To Keep Pets Out of Garden

If you have gardens in different places and need fencing that is not necessarily permanent, try buying cheap fence and use used canopy poles (from a canopy you no longer use) to erect sturdy but temporary fencing.

I used them successfully to keep our ducks, geese, chickens, and dogs from my gardens, and it will deter wildlife too. They also kept the brambly berry canes from sprawling all over my yard. You can also use bamboo or dowels as posts, cheap is the word here. Chicken-wire or hog fence will also work. Cheap!

In my picture, I show our wild berries being kept off the lawn. Each year, I go in and remove all the weeds and cut down the old brambles, it doesn't look like it now though.

By Katy from Dowagiac, MI

Make Fencing To Keep Pets Out of Garden

Great tip, but you just blew my DH's (the guy with the green thumb around here) bubble. He figured no one else had that brainstorm; looks just like our garden, LOL!

Our dog knows enough to respect the boundary, ours is chicken wire.

Now, if I could only keep those darned iguanas down here in South Florida outta there. (06/02/2010)

By PupperMom

Make Fencing To Keep Pets Out of Garden

I did this a couple of months ago, using a roll of flimsy plastic chicken wire and bamboo sticks from my yard. The fence sags a bit but the dogs haven't tried to get past it. It's great to be able to have little gardens scattered around without spending much money. (06/02/2010)

By tatiaharding

A fenced vegetable and flower garden.
Fencing Your Vegetable Garden
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Dog at Vet
Spaying or Neutering Your Pets
Deer in a garden
Homemade Deer Repellents