Making Cookies in a Toaster Oven

When the weather gets hot or you want to save energy, a small amount of baking can be done in a toaster oven. This guide is about making cookies in a toaster oven.

August 25, 2009 Flag

I have a bunch of the Betty Crocker cookie mixes that I bought for next to nothing, but have been buying cookies instead due to the extreme heat in Arizona and not wanting to turn on my oven. So I decided to try making the cookies into bar cookies to cut down on cooking time and effort.

I melted the butter in the microwave so it would be more of a liquid, mixed in the egg and then stirred in the cookie mix. Then I sprayed an 8x8 inch baking pan very thoroughly with butter-flavored Pam, pressed the mixture evenly into the pan, and popped it into my toaster oven.

I cooked at the same temperature but for a longer time, until set, just like the regular cookies. I made sure they were cooled down before I cut them, so they wouldn't fall apart. They were great! I especially liked the sugar cookies with some added white chocolate chips. Yummy!

By Cindy from Peoria, AZ

We used to do this in my college dorm. Microwaves were banned as a fire hazard but toaster ovens were not(?). You can also make brownies, tube type cookies, packaged cinnamon rolls, and most microwave dinners (those that have oven directions). The Microwave dinners took a bit longer in the toaster oven but many were much better this way - particularly the Stouffer's Mac and Cheese :o). It's also a good way to reheat a single piece of pizza. Your slice will taste crispy and fresh instead of the limp results you get from nuking it.

I got a toaster oven for $7.00 at the Salvation Army. This is a great idea of yours to save energy. I will try it. Here is a toaster oven recipe:

Cut up enough raw potatoes to make a single layer in an 8 inch square pan.

Drizzle with olive oil.

Sprinkle liberally with Adobe seasoning. Bake at 3:50 for 45 minutes or until brown and crispy. Delicious!

June 21, 2007 Flag

Last week I wanted some home made cookies. I had all the ingredients for my cookies but I just hated to heat up my gas oven. I had not turned on the A/C yet for the season, did not want to heat up the house and I did not want to use any gas I did not have to. I decided to try and find a small toaster oven at the next yard sale or thrift shop.

So a few days later, I was at a charity run shop and, lo and behold, there was a pretty nice toaster oven for $5. It was not greasy or dirty. However, I was not sure it would even work. I hesitated a few minutes and then decided to give it a shot and pay the $5. I took it home plugged it in and it worked! I then proceeded to clean it up and make it look nice on my counter.

People laugh at me for saving stuff that normally would be thrown away, however, my "saving stuff" paid off for me. I could not get the removable baking sheet to the oven as shiny as I wanted so I dug into my saved disposable aluminum pie pans, roasting pans, etc. and found a large piece that I could cut down to size. I did not want to use foil as I knew it would not hold up as well as a nice thick piece of aluminum would. I cut my pan to fit the baking sheet and put it in the oven. It looks like a new oven!

I then proceeded to make my small batch of cookies and it worked out perfect. No hot kitchen, no expensive toaster oven! All for $5 and a little ingenuity! My friends can laugh all they want but the jokes on them!

Now, what have you done lately that was frugal, thrifty and enhanced the quality of your life?

The charity shop probably would have let you plug in the toaster to see if it still functioned.

Or just wander until you see an empty outlet and then test.

Congrats on your purchase!

Good idea. I've done the same thing. I have a larger toaster oven that can fit a pizza. Since acquiring it, I've found that it is more energy efficient and heats the kitchen less than the large oven.

There are many other things you can prepare in a toaster if you know how.

Now you've got me craving fresh cookies :p

I often wondered if you could bake cookies in the toaster oven. I don't like turning my stove on if I don't have to. I also bought a toaster oven from a yard sale a few years ago and use it all the time. It also bakes biscuits. You can't get as many done at one time as you would in a regular oven, but it works fine. Thanks for your cookie tip. I'm gonna try it. Barb

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesJuly 22, 2013
A messy toaster.
Cleaning a Toaster
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
Toaster
Removing Bread Stuck in a Toaster
🎄