Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making Cookies in a Toaster Oven

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Chocolate chip cookies and milk.

When the weather gets hot or you want to save energy, a small amount of baking can be done in a toaster oven. This guide is about making cookies in a toaster oven.

Solutions: Making Cookies in a Toaster Oven

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Bake Cookie Dough as Bars in Toaster Oven

I have a bunch of the Betty Crocker cookie mixes that I bought for next to nothing, but have been buying cookies instead due to the extreme heat in Arizona and not wanting to turn on my oven. So I decided to try making the cookies into bar cookies to cut down on cooking time and effort.

I melted the butter in the microwave so it would be more of a liquid, mixed in the egg and then stirred in the cookie mix. Then I sprayed an 8x8 inch baking pan very thoroughly with butter-flavored Pam, pressed the mixture evenly into the pan, and popped it into my toaster oven.

I cooked at the same temperature but for a longer time, until set, just like the regular cookies. I made sure they were cooled down before I cut them, so they wouldn't fall apart. They were great! I especially liked the sugar cookies with some added white chocolate chips. Yummy!

By Cindy from Peoria, AZ

Tip: Making Cookies in a Toaster Oven

Last week I wanted some home made cookies. I had all the ingredients for my cookies but I just hated to heat up my gas oven. I had not turned on the A/C yet for the season, did not want to heat up the house and I did not want to use any gas I did not have to. I decided to try and find a small toaster oven at the next yard sale or thrift shop.

So a few days later, I was at a charity run shop and, lo and behold, there was a pretty nice toaster oven for $5. It was not greasy or dirty. However, I was not sure it would even work. I hesitated a few minutes and then decided to give it a shot and pay the $5. I took it home plugged it in and it worked! I then proceeded to clean it up and make it look nice on my counter.

People laugh at me for saving stuff that normally would be thrown away, however, my "saving stuff" paid off for me. I could not get the removable baking sheet to the oven as shiny as I wanted so I dug into my saved disposable aluminum pie pans, roasting pans, etc. and found a large piece that I could cut down to size. I did not want to use foil as I knew it would not hold up as well as a nice thick piece of aluminum would. I cut my pan to fit the baking sheet and put it in the oven. It looks like a new oven!

I then proceeded to make my small batch of cookies and it worked out perfect. No hot kitchen, no expensive toaster oven! All for $5 and a little ingenuity! My friends can laugh all they want but the jokes on them!

Now, what have you done lately that was frugal, thrifty and enhanced the quality of your life?

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!