Making Earrings from Plastic Drink Bottles
Plastic bottles have many craft uses. This is a guide about making earrings from plastic drink bottles
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You don't necessarily have to buy expensive materials to make classy looking jewellery. Here is just one idea for re-using plastic packaging to make something pretty to wear. I have used a drink bottle, but any other suitable clear plastic can be used to make these sparkly earrings.
- 1 clear drink bottle or other similar plastic packaging
- glitter glue
- earring wires
- jump rings
- hole punch
- Cut the base off your bottle.
- Cut off a large piece of straight plastic.
- From this piece cut 2 pieces that are approximately 4 inches by 3/4 inch.
- Punch a hole into each end of each piece.
- Round off the ends.
- Decorate one side of each piece with glitter glue.
- Leave this to dry. This could take a while. You can speed up the drying by leaving them on top of a warm radiator.
- Curl the pieces in half and join with a jump ring. Attach to an earring wire using another jump ring.
- Be sparkly and shiny.
April 19, 20161 found this helpful
I like. This would also work with making a bracelet.
April 24, 20160 found this helpful
or you could line them with pretty fabric using white glue
April 26, 20160 found this helpful
You also could hang a head or two inside the loop! Nice diy project, ShirleyE!
April 28, 20162 found this helpful
I presume you mean bead, not head! :)
In This Guide