Bangles from Plastic Bottle
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
October 11, 2021
Lots of plastic bottles are thrown away every day, that are harmful to the environment if not recycled properly. I figured out how to make bangles out of plastic bottles. It's very simple and costs absolutely nothing. Use colorful plastic bottles to get colorful bangles.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- plastic bottle 1.5 L
- Remove a sticker from the plastic bottle.
- Cut the plastic bottle in half with a knife. If the bottle has a straight ridges, like my plastic bottle, then cut exactly according to the ridges. Cut several rings about 0.6-0.7 inches thick.
- Trim the edges with scissors. If the rings are not clean enough, wash and dry them well.
- Heat the iron to maximum temperature. Touch the edges of the plastic ring to the maximum heated iron for a few seconds. The edge of the ring will curl inward. Do the same for the other edges of the ring. The edge will also curl inward. Repeat all this with other plastic rings.
- If the shape of the bangle is not quite round, then touch it to the maximum heated iron and while the plastic is warm, give it the correct shape, holding it until the plastic cools down.
- Check the inner diameter of the resulting bangles. The diameter of the rings will decrease, for example, at first the diameter of my rings (my plastic bottle) was 3.5 inches, then the inner diameter of the bangles became about 2.8 inches.
To reduce the diameter of the bangle, cut it in one place. Insert one end inside the other end. Touch the connection to the maximum heated iron so that the edges of the outer end fit the inner end well. You can reduce the diameter of all the bangles, or just one that you wear last.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.