Bracelet Craft Ideas

Category Jewelry
Making a Bead Bracelet
Fun adornments for your wrists can be fashioned with a variety of beads, buttons, cords, yarns and even recycled items. This guide contains bracelet craft ideas.

Recycled headband and bracelet can be reborn with a little imagination!

Approximate Time: 60-90 minutes

Instructions:

When doing this I learned a lesson I would like to pass on. That is, cool temp glue won't stick to plastic as well as you would like.

My advice is to leave any fabric on. If you find a deal on the clear ones, use other types of glue. Tacky is good, as well as others specifically for plastic.

I really enjoy wrapping things to make them new again. It's so very simple, and can be done to fit your preferences. You can wrap with fabric strips, lace, ribbon, etc., each one giving you a different effect. This one had fabric on it, but I wish it hadn't. I was able to finish with the effect I wanted, so I was happy none the less.

I wrapped two layers of lace over the narrowest parts of the headband. This covers the ends and any wrap that covers them works to make it look perfect. At the end of the wrap, at an angle, glue the lace to the covered pieces and start wrapping at an angle.

The lace I used was the kind that have a bit of "flair" on one edge, but is straight on the other. I made it so the straight side always gets covered up with the fancier side. Glue the lace to the back side about every 6 wraps, just to make sure it's secure. Once it's done, trim any excess off the end.

I love gold and red, so I chose those colors to embellish the top, and put it off center for a classy look. Some flower stems have to be trimmed down to almost nothing, in order to lay flat. If you have the kind that are already flat it's easier to glue them. Little poinsettias would be fun this time of year. You could also do one for fall, with miniature leaves, ribbon, lace, or fabric in fall colors.

Wrap the bangle in the same fashion, and put the same kind of flowers on it, too. When I rested my hand, I didn't want any flowers to get in the way so I only put one set on.

This makes a lovely gift for someone who loves to dress up. These are not for foul weather so be mindful of this. I hope you enjoy this fun and fast craft as much as I did.

By Sandi from Salem, OR

You will need:

• 6 mm bicone Swarovski crystals in birthstone colors
  • Beadalon or Accuflex 49 strand .7 mm wire
  • heart and arrow toggle
  • Big Sister, Middle Sister, Little Sister silver charms
  • 6 mm silver beads
  • 6 mm gold beads
  • bali style spacers
  • 2 crimp beads

Instructions:

These instructions will make a bracelet that measures 7 inches.

1. I leave my beading wire on the spool as it seems easier for me to not have to worry about having enough or the beads falling off, etc.
  2. Put on heart end of toggle.
  3. Follow this with the sister charm
  4. Ad

5. Follow this with the bali type spacer bead.
  6. Follow this with a silver ball, then a gold ball, then a silver ball, and another spacer.
  7. Next the first birthstone bead and a spacer.
  8. Repeat steps 5 & 6 with the second birthstone.
  9. Repeat steps 5 & 6 with the third birthstone.
  10. Repeat steps 5, 6, 7, & 8.
  11. Put on crimp bead, then arrow portion of toggle; crimp this end of the bracelet.
  12. Go to other end of bracelet, measure out a little extra and snip off the roll.
  13. Remove heart toggle, replace with crimp bead, then add heart toggle. Crimp off that end of the bracelet and you are done!

When I make my sisters bracelets, I try to place the beads in the big, middle, little order; however, in the case where big and middle have the same birth month (for example), I will separate them with the little.

These bracelets cost very little to make, are extremely easy to make, and can be sold for a good profit. There is a website that charges about $150 for this exact bracelet, plus shipping and handling!

Have a Blessed day!

By GrammySheila from Titusville, FL

This intricate (but easy) wish bracelet is a great Valentine's Day gift.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

Instructions:

Take three pieces of hemp long enough too fit around you wrist and tie around 10 inches.

Braid about half of your wrist length. Then, while braiding, put beads on every other string you pick up.

Once the beads are on, braid the rest of the way down and tie a knot. Before tying the bracelet on your wrist, make a wish!

Then tie the bracelet on your wrist. Never take it off. When it falls off on its own, your wish will come true!

By Esther from Baltimore

Shrinky Dinks, whether purchased or homemade, work as cute charms for a bracelet. This is a guide about Shrinky Dink charm bracelet.

finished bracelet

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

A popular jewelry craft project is the making of beaded bracelets. They can be simple or complex. This is a guide about beaded bracelets.

A girl making a beaded bracelet with colorful beads.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a crocheted bracelet. You can make lovely jewelry if you know how to crochet.

Finished bracelet.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a water bracelet. Making a water bracelet is a fun, cute project you make with your children.

flexible tubing filled with water, glitter, and beads made into a bracelet

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a kandi cuff bracelet. Using the peyote beading stitch, you can create a custom patterned bracelet. Stretching string and and colorful plastic pony beads are all that's needed.

Kandi Cuff Bracelet

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for instructions for a bracelet. I'm not sure what it's called but each bead represents something in the life of Christ. It's not the colored beads like the "Wordless Book" bracelet. Thanks for your help.

Brenda from Burrton, KS

Hi Brenda!! Well, I was all set to give you the "Wordless Book" bracelet until I reread your request. You can find the story you're looking for by keying in the search engine "Life of Christ story bracelet". I found it but I'm not going to post the site because it's one that sells the bracelet (English Rose).

ON ONE OF THE SHOPPING NETWORKS THEY WERE SELLING THE BRACELETS. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO FIND OUT SOMETHING THERE. GOODLUCK!

This might be what you are looking for:

http://www.bead  e_of_christ.html

It gives the meaning of each bead and good pictures.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Does anyone have a pattern to make bracelets using craft cord?

By Katie

You will find plenty of free patterns and instructions if you look on the net with key word "macrame".

Catherine

Could you advise me on what size magic (stretch) cord I use for making beaded bracelets?

By Joanne

I use .7mm for most projects, the 1mm usually is too big for smaller beads. Some brands have .8mm which is good too. I have had trouble with the .5mm breaking so I don't buy that anymore. I have found after years of beading that it also matters what brand you buy. I like Beadalon the best. The cheaper brands tend to fray or break easily, and it really is horrible to have finished a bracelet and have it break when tying the knot with beads flying all over the place. I have tried the beading 'floss' which is okay, but I thought it frayed some as it is flat like dental floss. Be sure to use a 'surgeons knot' when tying it off, it holds perfectly.

http://www.netk  rgeons_knot.html

I also love memory wire for bracelets, it stays permanently coiled and you can make multiple strands on one bracelet. I bought the special memory wire cutter as it is so hard it will ruin regular wire cutters. This is a picture of a memory wire bracelet.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I made a bracelet out of dice. Maybe it will bring luck to me!

By Hesta from Crown Point, IN

Dice and white bead bracelet.

Comment Like this photo? 7