Clear plastic tubes filled with water, beads, and glitter to add sparkle. Move it back and forth and see them move.
Approximate Time: 1/2 hour
- clear tubing, 2 sizes
- tooth pick
- seed beads
- Krazy glue
You need 2 sizes of tubing. The smaller one fits inside the larger one (which you use for the bracelet) in order to seal the water from coming out. Or you could use a small wood dowel to block the water from coming out. The clear tubing looks better.
- Cut the larger sized tubing to fit the size of the child's wrist and big enough to fit over the hand. It will be glued together and not able to come apart.
- Cut a piece of the smaller tubing about an inch long.
- Put Krazy glue around the outside of the smaller tubing and push it 1/2 way into the larger tubing on one end.
- Put the seed beads into the tube. You may want to use a toothpick. They must be small in order to move freely.
Now put a small amount of glitter. Maybe a pinch. Use several colors if you wish.
- Place your finger over one end and fill with water leaving about an inch on each end. In order words, do not fill completely full.
- Now put Krazy glue on the last 1/2 of the smaller tube and push all the way in the larger one until they meet.
- Stand it up and allow to dry.
- After it drys, shake it hard and watch the beads move back and forth.
By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH
CommentsRead More Comments