Making Edible Jewelry

Edible Jewelry
Jewelry made from cereal, candy, and other types of food is fun to make with your children. This is a guide about making edible jewelry.

This craft is easy, inexpensive, and makes for a great way to occupy your child when you need it most. You will want to make several to store so they are ready to use when you need them!

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

1. Cut off a piece of dental floss to the size you want.
  2. Thread cereal such as Fruity Cheerios, Fruit Loops, or similar onto the floss.
  3. Tie the ends in a regular bow and store in a zip top bag.
  4. When ready to use, untie the bow and tie in a knot around your child's neck, wrist, etc.

Enjoy the craft that is fun to wear and not so bad to eat as a snack. Good to take along for grocery shopping trips! Some kids may be able to make these themselves, while the younger ones will probably need help.

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

Editor's Note: Be careful about placing these necklaces around very young children's necks, to avoid accidents. Bracelets would be a better choice for younger children, especially under three.

I am looking for ideas for Edible Jewelry. I have approximately 150 kids from toddlers to 12 years for my company Christmas party. I'm not sure how much to buy for this size group. I do have some ideas of what to buy but I guess I am looking for some unique ideas or other items that I may not have thought of.

Thank you for your feedback.

How about stringing Cheerios or Fruit Loops?

i don't know if you have thought of this or not but you could string the gummie life savers for the smaller ones and the regular candy kind for the olders ( even the mint ones)

Thank you for your feedback. I think I will set up one side with candies type items and the other side with cereal types and maybe prezels. This will give a nice variety. Thank you again.

You can use the ones mentioned..you can use licorice strings for necklaces and lace other candies onto them.

I found this ...hope it helps!

http://www.ehow  dible-candy.html

Thank you Michele that was a great site for many things.