Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs

Category Other
Soda or pop can tabs are being reused in a variety of craft projects. This is a guide about crafts using pop can tabs.

You can make items using soda tabs, sell them and give a large percentage to the Ronald McDonald House or other children's charities.

By Patricia Bledsoe

Editor's Note: Anyone have some ideas for what can be made with soda tabs?

Using soda pop tabs for crafting is fun & easy.

Directions:

1. You will first coat the soda tab with the embossing ink (I do the fronts only.)

2. Using the tweezers, dip the soda tab into the embossing color of choice.

3. Hold the soda tab with tweezers and heat the tab with the heating embossing tool until powder is melted. Be VERY CAREFUL, it will be HOT! You will need to repeat these steps 2 or 3 times for a good coating.

These can be used as "buckles" for any craft project. Have Fun!

By KimSecret

If you make homemade jar candles as I do, you can use pop tabs as a weight for your wicks. If you drink pop they are pretty much free!

By Tracey P

There are many craft uses for soda can tabs. This is a guide about preparing soda can tabs for crafts.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Make this cute key fob with a recycled pop can tab and some bits of fabric. This is a guide about making a little lady pop tab key fob.

This is a guide about making a soda tab bracelet. Soda tabs can be recycled into easy to make jewelry. There are lots of different styles.

This is a guide about making a rainbow soda pop tab bracelet. Soda can tabs can be used to make a variety of fun recycled jewelry.

This guide is about making a soda tab belt. Soda can tabs can be collected and used for this functional recycled craft.

This is a guide about making a pop tab necklace. A fun unique craft project can be made using a recycled item.

I have about 200 pop can tabs; what can I make with them?

By Marlene

Answers

I will give you $75 for them.

Are you still looking to buy the pop top tabs? Let me know.

I have a standard paper grocery bag of tabs. Weighs approx. 22lbs. What's it worth?

I heard of someone who made a hammock with them.

It looks like aluminum recycling for cans runs around 25 cents a pound in most places in the U.S. You would need to check with your local recycler but I would say it is worth no more than $10 that way.

It's possible that you may be able to sell them to a crafter online. There are a bunch of lots for sale and the prices are all over the place. Someone would have to pay for the shipping though, and that would cut into what someone would be willing to pay.

Good luck and let us know what they are worth when you find out.

I have seen bracelets, belts and handbags online.

There are a whole bunch of ideas on this page:

https://www.thr  -Can-Tabs-1.html

What can I do with pop can tabs? I have around 200 pop can tabs that I saved from soda cans and I don't know what to do with them.

By Marlene H.

Answers

I saw on TV news last night a young girl made a Prom dress from Pop tabs. It was well made and looked great. But alas, there were no directions on how she made the Pop tab dress.

If you have a person in your house who makes wood wall plaques these tabs can be attached to the back to hang on the wall.

I want to know if anyone has instructions on how to make leis and bolo ties with the pop can tabs?

By Rosemary from Kihei, HI

Answers

I collect the tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald House. The aluminum content is very valuable, more than the cans (although I recycle those).

Please find some other item to use for crafts and donate the tabs for a really good cause.

I would like to make some crafts with pop can tabs. What is a strong adhesive to use? I need something that is going to hold up.

Rettta from Mentor, OH

Answers:

Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs

This is what I made from pop tabs:
http://babasfarmlife.blogspot.com/2009/03/get-crafty-with-soda-can-tabs.html (02/08/2010)

By Deborah

RE: Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs