Pop Tabs as Wick Weights

If you make homemade jar candles as I do, you can use pop tabs as a weight for your wicks. If you drink pop they are pretty much free!

By Tracey P

By starchild (Guest Post)

I use tealights often, so when they are through I use the wick holder (just open with pliers, thread new wick and pinch on) for the new candles I make.

Well, that's interesting! Pop tabs. I looked at one and wondered; how does she attach the wick? The tab is just flat.

So what I did just now was to attach the wick with a tiny bit of silicone glue, which is what some candle makers use to attach the tabs to the jars.

It just might be a great idea. Thanks.

Wow that is a great idea! Also reusing wicks from tea lights is good too. But when you are in a pinch, the tabs sound like a great idea!
Thanks for the idea!

I have about a half a trash bag of clear aluminum tabs & quite a bit of different colors tabs, what can I do with them?

Crafts Candle MakingAugust 18, 2004
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf922518.tip.html