Buckle from Drink Can
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
September 27, 2021
If you need a small buckle, you can quickly and easily make one from pull tag of a drink can. This buckle will fit a strap about 1 inch wide. You can also paint the buckle any color you like.
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- drink can
- wire 1.5 mm diameter, I used copper wire from an old transformer
- pliers and wire cutters
- awl, thread and needle for connecting with strap of belt
- Separate the pull tag carefully.
- Fold over the rivet and hide it in the back, or cut it and fold the edges.
- Cut off a piece of wire. If you are using wire from an old transformer, scrape off the cover and sand it. Fold one end around the nose of the pull tag.
- Sand the unbent end of the wire. Bend the wire prong slightly.
- Make a hole at the strap, insert the prong and sew on the end of the strap.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.