Buckle from Drink Can
Vote for this contender! (2 votes)
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
If you need a small buckle, you can quickly and easily make one from pull tag of a drink can. This buckle will fit a strap about 1 inch wide. You can also paint the buckle any color you like.
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- drink can
- wire 1.5 mm diameter, I used copper wire from an old transformer
- pliers and wire cutters
- awl, thread and needle for connecting with strap of belt
- Separate the pull tag carefully.
- Fold over the rivet and hide it in the back, or cut it and fold the edges.
- Cut off a piece of wire. If you are using wire from an old transformer, scrape off the cover and sand it. Fold one end around the nose of the pull tag.
- Sand the unbent end of the wire. Bend the wire prong slightly.
- Make a hole at the strap, insert the prong and sew on the end of the strap.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.