Jewelry Making Craft Ideas for Children
Kids love to make jewelry and there are so many different types of craft materials that they can use. This is a guide about jewelry making craft ideas for children
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Try this fun necklace your child will love to make and wear, made from things you already have on hand.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- aluminum foil
- paper punch
- wax paper
- white glue
- paint brushes
- Cut a simple shape from cardboard and cover it with aluminum foil. Tape the ends of the foil to the back of your shape.
- Use a paper punch to make a hole at the top of your shape.
- Choose paint colors for your design and make a few little pools of paint, one for each color, on a piece of wax paper. Add a little white glue to each pool of paint, and use a toothpick to mix the glue with the paint.
- Use paint brushes to paint a design on your foil shape. Allow the paint to dry.
- Thread a length of yarn through the hole at the top of your sparkle shape and knot the ends of the yarn together to make a necklace.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
December 13, 20160 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a flag lapel pin with safety pins and beads. Show your patriotic spirit with these easy flag themed pins.
String beads and straws cut up to make a cute necklace or bracelet and head bands.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- straws different colors
- larger beads with big holes
- thin elastic-white or black
- Cut the straws up in different lengths or the same depending on the look you want.
- Cut elastic the size you want plus add 2 inches to allow for the tying off.
- Tie one end of elastic to an object so the straws and beads do not fall off the end.
- String in a pattern using beads in between if the straws are various sizes. Otherwise, they slip inside each other if you do not use the beads. If straws are the same size you probably do not need the beads. It looks prettier with the beads though.
- Tie the ends together using a loose knot at first.
- Try on for size. If it's the exact size you want, then tie the knot tight. Otherwise, untie and adjust the size.
Very easy for children to do.
By Little Suzy from OH
September 18, 20140 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a water bracelet. Making a water bracelet is a fun, cute project you make with your children.
July 19, 20130 found this helpful
This is a guide about making edible jewelry. Jewelry made from cereal, candy, and other types of food is fun to make with your children.
January 8, 20130 found this helpful
This is a guide about making safety pin jewelry. You can easily make cute jewelry from safety pins.
September 19, 20120 found this helpful
This is a guide about crafts using pop can tabs. Soda or pop can tabs are being reused in a variety of craft projects.
April 25, 20120 found this helpful
This guide is about making button bracelets. A button collection can be used to make interesting jewelry.