How to Make a Fabric Wrapped Bracelet
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
March 12, 2018
Turn scrap fabric into this handmade wrapped bracelet. Perfect to accessorize with your outfits and you can make as many as you like.
Total Time: 15-25 minutes
- wire cutters
- hot glue gun
- scrap fabric/fabric
- sturdy circular object
- I wrapped a 16 gauge wire around a sturdy glass vitamin container, twice. (Or, if you have a metal hanger since it's a thicker gauge - you can just wrap around once.)
- Once wrapped, twice - use your cutters and cut.
- Ensure your wrist can slide into the bangle bracelet. And use pliers to create a knot, or secure so the bracelet ends stay in place.
- Cut your fabric into 1" inch strips.
- With my fabric, I tied a knot over the knot on the bracelet so I could have a grip spot to start hot gluing fabric down to the bracelet.
- Continue to wrap fabric as you secure with hot glue. Repeat until you are out of strips.
- As a cute touch, I used another piece of fabric and secured it with a knot. Then cut off a little to make it as a bow accent.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.