Making Fake Snow

I read somewhere about using joint compound for "fake snow".Does anyone have info on this.This stuff you buy is so expensive. And I use a lot of it. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
Anita from Pritchett, TX

Answers:

Making Fake Snow

I don't know what you are using the fake snow for so this may not work for you; I used the canned spray foam insulation for what I needed and then painted it with white craft paint. I was able to form what looked like snowdrifts and the foam expands as you spray it. This was for a permanent craft so I wouldn't recommend it for something temporary. (12/01/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Making Fake Snow

I've heard that you'd make it up a bit thinner than usual and use electric beaters to "whip" it up. (12/01/2006)

By Cyinda

Making Fake Snow

If you go to www.google.com and type in... "using joint compound for fake snow" there will be all kinds of ideas. I have seen it used just to coat styrofoam balls in to make them look textured. I hope this helps. (12/01/2006)

By Michele

Making Artificial Snow
Making Artificial Snow
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Snow
Making Snow Muffins
How to Shovel Snow, Man Shoveling Snow
Shoveling Snow
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
🎄