Making Gray Hair More Vibrant

I'm 55, this past year I let my hair go natural and I liked it. I have a great white streak and some smaller ones, but when I see photos of me I just look old and washed out. Is there any kind of dye that will make your mousy gray more vibrant, like a darker charcoal, and keep the white stripes white? Thanks!

By Ruth from New England

Answers:

Making Gray Hair More Vibrant

When my hair started graying, I looked for the same thing as you are doing. I was in my 30's, so really didn't want to look "dowdy"! My hairdresser told me that anything I used for the varied colors would not be satisfactory, but if I constantly used a shampoo with citrus in it, it would sparkle. He was right, and now that I am all white (and have been since my 40's), I have no problem keeping the "drabs" away. Good luck!

Cay from FL (01/04/2011)

By Exasperated

Making Gray Hair More Vibrant

I have been happy with a product called Silver Clenz, which was recommended to me by a hairdresser several years ago when the silver in my hair (courtesy of Mother Nature) lost its brightness. I started getting compliments on my hair right away.

The product description reads "Silver Clenz - temporary color shampoo, formulated to neutralize unwanted yellow tones and refresh gray, silver, and white hair with instant brightness, body, and shine. Effectively tones highlighted, bleached, and natural blonde hair."

If you use this too often you'll get a blue tint to your hair, so using it every third or fourth shampoo is best.

I need to get another bottle of Silver Clenz soon; I see that it can be ordered through Amazon.com.

Ginger (01/07/2011)

By Gingembre

Making Gray Hair More Vibrant
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
gray haired woman
Dyeing My Hair Gray
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄