Making Homemade Door Wreaths

Homemade door wreaths can be tailored for any season or special occasion. This is a guide about making homemade door wreaths.

July 5, 2007 Flag

Have flowers all summer long with this easy-to-make wreath.

Crafting Time: 30 - 60 minutes

Materials

Instructions

1. Use scissors to remove flower blossoms from stems. For some stems, you may need to use wire cutters.
  2. Use straight pins to attach the flowers to the front and sides of the wreath. Completely cover the straw and place flower types and colors randomly to create a flower garden effect.
  3. Cut a piece of wire or dental floss. Tie this to the top of your wreath to create a loop for hanging.
  4. By Marie from West Dundee, IL

That is really pretty.

Beautiful wreath! Thanks for sharing with us and God bless you!

Very pretty & colorful wreath! I love it. Great job! : D

December 22, 2008 Flag

This are pictures of what I call Anything Wreaths, just to show you can make your own wreaths very inexpensively out of just about anything. Both are made using grapevine bases, which I picked up for pennies at yard sales, and a glue gun. The larger "gold" one is filled with gold holly leaf sprigs that had pink jewels attached, which I got free from a friend who was going to throw them out. It is now on my front door.

For the second smaller one I cut apart four sprigs of poinsettias, two gold and two silver, that I had also picked up at a yard sale - smaller pieces go farther than keeping them in one piece. The ribbon bow on the first is also homemade from yard sale ribbon. I got two beautiful wreaths for next to nothing. If I can do it, you can too!

Have a great holiday!

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Lovely ideas!!

Very nice.

December 23, 2005 Flag

I am an avid garage saler and yard sale person. I collected plastic fruit for several months I purchased at yard sales to make this Della Robbia wreath. It cost me less than $10 to make and is very nice for your front door. I also purchased the evergreen wreath to attach everything to for less than a dollar.

By Connie from Ballwin

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous and the perfect complement to your door color, you have a talent for thrifty and classy, the best there is!

Susan

Susan and Emily are right: this is gorgeous! You are so clever; what a beautiful, beautiful project and I love how thrifty it is! Don't we love our bargains!

That is absolutely beautiful!

YOU DID GOOD !!!! Great Idea.

May 28, 2010 Flag

Need to change out your tired door wreath? Don't have time to get out the craft wire and hot glue? Love to be creative in a short timeframe? This craft is for you. I often make these as gifts.

July 17, 2007 Flag

Quick and easy wreath, take wreath, hot glue apples around the wreath as evenly as possible. Take ivy and hot glue around apples.

Wooden apple wreath

June 30, 2008 Flag

Does anyone on here make homemade door wreaths?

Donita from MO

Craft stores sell the basic wreaths plus so many goodies to add to them and they have free classes sometimes.

Here is one I made for Easter a few years ago.

Gather pinecones and twigs for free. My sister hung hers on their front door and birds built a nest in it.They used the side door until the babies hatched out and left. Then she had the real birds nest as a decoration..Hows that for free?LOL~ GG Vi

If you have forsythia bushes, use the long branches you trim off in fall to make a rustic wreath. Put a gloved hand around the branch and slide down, taking off most of the leaves. Coil a few in a circle and tuck ends into the coil or use wire to hold in place. Then add as many as you need to make it fuller, staggering where each begins and ends around the circle. It's good if you can wrap them around a bucket or other round container for a form, then let them dry out. You can glue or tie on other things like seed pods, grasses, etc. that you find in your yard, or things from the store like silk sunflowers, pansies, etc., and some raffia. This makes a nice rustic wreath to hang outside. Sometimes they look great just by themselves without any ornamentation, esp on outbuildings or a garage. When it gets too weathered and ugly, just send it to the compost pile if you used all natural stuff on it. I had some that were in a covered place on the house and they lasted several years before I tossed them. The best part is you're getting your materials for free. (I thought this up when thinning our bushes one year. We didn't have grapevines so I thought I'd give this a try and it worked pretty well)

Hi, email me at precioustaylor AT stjoelive.com if you can make a wreath for my front door. Thanks.

Hello, what do your wreaths look like? I'm wanting one to hang on my front door, a good size one, I thought something with berries, twigs, bird nest one. Let me know, thanks.

July 15, 2012 Flag

I am looking for instructions to make dog bone wreath.

By Elysecil from Harwinton, CT

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check out http://www.ehow.com/how_12060199_make-dog-biscuit-wreath.html

June 28, 2007 Flag

I am looking for instructions for how to make wreaths.

Ev from Walla Walla, WA

Here's one site: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/wreatmakandd.html You can find more sites by keying "How to make a wreath" into your search engine. Have fun!!!

I purchase wreath forms from thrift shops for very little. I wrap the form with duct tape to allow for better adherence. Then I hot glue pine cones, acorns, seed pods, etc., to the wreath form. Once finished, I clear all the "glue strings" off after the glue cools. I hang the wreath in a well ventilated area, and spray the wreath with clear spray paint. Let it dry and you have a gorgeous wreath!

May 28, 2010 Flag

You can spiff up boughten wreaths with natural elements. I got a small basic wreath with a few ornaments for 99 cents then wrapped pine around it and added some seasonal berries, all held on with a good ribbon for a neighbor. It's amazing how well it turned out!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsMarch 30, 2012
Door Hinge
Fixing Loose Door Hinges
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths
Squeaky Door Hinge
Making a Door Squeak
🎄