Making Nylon Stocking Pumpkins
A fun craft to make for fall holiday decorations. This guide is about making nylon stocking pumpkins.
Make a nylon pumpkin using old pantyhose or footies. This can be a great project for fall.
Total Time: 2 hours (including drying time)
- 12x12 in square of nylon for size of pumpkin
- 24 + inches embroidery floss (orange)
- handful stuffing/fluff/cotton
- 2 scraps of fabric for the leaves
- 1 stem (I used a dry stem from a red pepper, but you could use a branch.)
- 1 orange paint (acrylic) and a paintbrush
- 1 hot glue gun
- Fill nylon sock with fluff.
- Tie thread around the place where the stem will be.
- Continue wrapping with thread to separate into segments; keep pulling tight to make segments. Tie at the top to keep all the thread in place.
- Paint the whole outside - let dry for about 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Cut fabric into leaf shapes.
- Hot glue stem and leaves in place.
Old or new nude colored nylons make great pumpkin decor. Use cotton to form a round ball. Tie at the end. Use orange acrylic paint to paint the nylon. When dry, place orange embroidery thread to make segments where you want. Hot glue a stick to hide tied and thread ends. Curl a green pipe cleaner around stick. Glue on a fake leaf and you have a wonderful decoration.
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 1:46:33 PM on 10.0.1.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us