Making Sour Milk From Raw Milk

I have tried multiple times to make a sour milk from raw milk I get at a farm. I used to make it many times before, long time ago, but now it tastes bitter not sour. What am I doing wrong?

By BasiaG from CT

Answers:

Making Sour Milk From Raw Milk

Sometimes cows will eat a bitter weed, it will make the milk bitter. How do you make the milk sour? I put a small amount of vinegar in mine. Good luck. (03/03/2010)

By kffrmw88

Making Sour Milk From Raw Milk

Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of milk. Hope this works! (03/03/2010)

By One_Blessed_Sister

Making Sour Milk From Raw Milk

I simply leave the milk in a container (covered with a clean cloth) out of the refrigerator until it goes sour. Depending on the temperature, this may take a couple of days. It will appear to go rancid and smell bad at first, but once it passes through this stage and the smell goes, it will set into a large curd. It is now ready. Keep in the refrigerator after it sours. This is best made with full cream milk. The cream rises to the top, so you can easily remove it after it has set. As well as using it for cooking, sour milk also is delicious as a cold drink, with a mild, slightly tart flavour similar to yoghurt.

Brenda in Oz (03/05/2010)

By ilmarlai