Making Soy Massage Candles

Soy oil candles when melted can be used as a soothing massage oil. Make some for yourself or as gifts. This is a guide about making soy massage candles.

December 26, 2007 Flag

This is the kind of candle you can burn, then pour on and use as a massage oil, or for rough spots like elbows and knees. Soy wax never gets extremely hot so you won't burn yourself! Great gift for Valentine's Day or anniversary.

Ingredients

Directions

1. In a microwave, melt all ingredients on low, stirring often. Make sure the wax/oils don't get too hot!
  2. When melted, add 1/4-1/2 tsp. of essential oils (lavender, sandalwood, or ylang ylang are good ones (or a combination).
  3. Ad

4. Pour into containers and insert wicks in the middle.
  5. Set 24 hours, then it's ready to burn.

How to use: Let candle burn for awhile (20 minutes or so?) until enough of it is melted to pour onto the body. Try not to pour too close to the skin. It will be quite warm, but it won't burn you. Enjoy!

Source: this is my own craft recipe

By Lisa from Halifax

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

May 4, 2009 Flag

Where can I purchase cocoa butter, almond oil, coconut oil, shea butter to make massage candles? Thanks. Joyce

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I typed in purchase shea butter in a google search and went to this site:

http://www.coas  -shea-butter.cfm

I looked in the right hand margin under butters...it listed cocoa butter and shea butter. I would google the same thing for the oils; type in purchase almond oil. Good luck!

I have seen cocoa butter, almond oil, coconut oil, and shea butter all at our local health food store: Earth Fare. Try to goodle earthfare.com and look up each item. it's worth a try. Good luck

What exactly Are Massage Candles? Do you use them to massage with...not lit? Or burn them while doing a massage? Anyhoo, you can buy all of that and more at Mountain Rose Herbs, an Oregon based company that I have ordered from for years with wonderful service and quality. They have a website where you can order and request a catalog. They are also on Facebook.

I purchase all these things and many more at www.snowdriftfarm.com . They also have recipes for all sorts of things, and you can ask questions about your concerns! Best of luck and Have fun!

Crafts Candle MakingNovember 1, 2012
Using Soy Flour
Using Soy Flour
Homemade Massage Oil
Homemade Massage Oil
A person giving a dog a massage.
Name Ideas for a Dog Massage Business
Tofu
Recipes Using Soy
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:24:22 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.